1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiction books/TV shows about relationships - any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Hey guys.

Recently I was reading a book called "Storytelling Animal" which is about how stories and narratives shape our lives. There was an important point there that people acquire a grasp of many fields in a second-hand way through stories - by reading about them, watching movies etc.
    A good example was the work of detectives - you probably don't even know anyone who works as a criminal investigator, but still, you have a fairly sophisticated idea about how that work can look like. You watched lots of Hollywood movies, read some stories in the newspapers or maybe listened to an interview.
    Book provided lots of research to back up its claims - eg. people who read fiction more often express higher levels of empathy.

A few months ago I was watching a dumb reality show called Love Island. The basic idea was that there were some men and women on an island and they had to pair-up. The couples could change, people were getting eliminated and in the end, the best couple won some money.
    Although the whole experience was rather shallow, I actually enjoyed the parts which focused on the people going over their feelings or discussing their relationships. This was a new kind of material for me as I don't watch any TV series or read many non-fiction books which might focus on such tasks. I have very little experience in relationships and I thought that I might develop it a little bit through this way.

My question is: do you guys have any recommendations (mostly TV shows) that can provide similar insight to male-female relationships? Preferably of a higher quality than Love Island, but I don't expect anything very sophisticated.

Thanks for help! If anything is not clear, please let me know.

2. Cypher123

Cypher123 Fapstronaut

Love actually
    Long shot
    Always be my maybe
    Hitch
    Knocked up
    Blended

Try those they good

Deleted Account likes this.