1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First girlfriend

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by theRegenerator, Dec 4, 2016.

1. theRegenerator

theRegenerator Fapstronaut

Hello there, fellow fapstronauts!!
    As of a short intro, I'm a 19 yo guy, I have been in hard reboot for more than 3 months. I had a 40 days streak and now I'm getting really close to beating it. During this period I started reading a lot about life, dating and these things really had an impact on me and helped me change the way I view the world(A few titles are "Mo more mr nice guy" or "Models" by Mark Manson or "Killing lions" by John & Sam Eldredge). These books really changed my attitude towards myself, girls and life in general in a really good way.

And so I've come to having my first real girlfriend(Yeah, I know.. I thought this day would never come!!!). She studies and a university about 250 km away from where I live but we started talking on the internet a lot and I decided to go and visit her. And so we had our first date. It went really, really great and although I can't really say that she's my girlfriend right now we decided to see each other more in the future and get to know more. She even said we could Skype from time to time because it's better than messaging.

And now my problem: Although I asked her what she thinks about me and she said she admires my courage and sees me as a confident guy, I don't really know if I am that confident. In the last few days my mind started to "beat" me because although this girl's not perfect, she has most of the things I was looking for in a girl(we are quite the same, had similar backgrounds, we like reading, listening to the same types of music, value quite the same things and try to develop ourselves constantly and live in the present and a happy life) and my mind keeps telling me that "it's too good to be true". And I know it's not.. Sometimes God or "The Universe" gives you what you want but because it didn't happen to me until now, my mind tends to deny the reality or something. And another small problem is that she's quite shy and we find it a little bit harder to let the conversation flow naturally and find some topics to talk about.
    Are these "dilemmas" normal considering she's my first? And do you have any tips or advice I could use?

Thanks a lot and keep on the good work, brothers!!!

PS: And yes, it sometimes feels scary thinking about having a girlfriend because it's something new I guess...

Tesslynne likes this.
  2. dnice2012

dnice2012 Fapstronaut

its normal , and happens to everybody , that's how the mind works

Tesslynne likes this.