1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas for Executions Amid Turmoil Over Lethal Injection

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 15, 2018.

Do you agree with the death penalty for the worst violent crimes?

1. Yes

52.9%
  2. No

29.4%
  3. I don't know

17.6%
  1. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

A bullet to the brain. Cheap, quick and painless.

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I’m not a fan of the death penalty. In my view, it’s an easy way out for a murderer or other serious felon.

They should spend the rest of their lives thinking about the horror that they’ve done.

3. And we can pay more money for them to have that luxury. Sounds like a great plan.

j_pwc_bat likes this.
  4. If you’re looking for the least painful way, then a heroin overdose would do the trick.
    Make sure it’s a .22 cal so then the bullet will rattle around in their skull like the metal pea in a spray paint can.

j_pwc_bat and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  5. Its kind of an asinine to try to find a humane way to murder someone. I'm not a supporter of the death penalty but if youre gonna end someones life keep it simple. A bullet to the head would be cheaper in addition to being more humane than either method

SolitaryScribe likes this.
  6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

The country with the most incarcerated people per capita in the world (aka the USA) can afford to do it there. Perhaps not here where prisons are usually a tad nicer, though.

7. Pretty easy to have nicer prisons when your country is smaller than the state of Texas and with approx 21 million people less than the 25 million that live in Texas.

8. This is an interesting perspective I had not previously heard or thought of. Is this something you have heard others say?

MLMVSS likes this.
  9. SolitaryScribe

Thank you! Literally my thinking! there is no such thing as a humane way to kill someone, it's only a matter of what's less painful.

10. FFS. Being humane isn’t against death but the manner of which it’s carried out. A bullet to the brain is more humane than being drawn and quartered, so there is a humane way to kill someone when compared with other methods.

11. I can see why a single gunshot would be expedient - anyone else favour this method of execution?
    We have a suggestion here of a (specific drug) for a lethal injection. Is that preferable to anyone else? How about gas?

12. SolitaryScribe

Well, I think when someone says humane they also incorporate the human dignity within that definition. Hence being put under the needle was seen to be one of the most humane ways, and why they don't use the guillotine anymore. Because if it really was a matter of less pain, we wouldn't have stopped using the guillotine. What could be less painful than getting your head chopped off in seconds.

13. I say bring back the guillotine since having it as a consequence would probably reduce violent crime.

j_pwc_bat and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  14. I'm conflicted on capital punishment. On hand, it seems infuriating that a killer can so casually end someone's life, yet all this pomp and ceremony goes into state executions. To me, it somehow cheapens the life of the victim and makes the life of the killer that much more important. On one hand, I resent my taxes going towards housing and feeding a killer, and the scum of the Earth needs to be removed, but on the other hand I don't know that we have the right as a society to decide when someone's forfeited their life.

15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It’s quite a common thought among the more liberal/small-government supporters who are both against the death penalty (which could possibly be abused by the government) and against easy sentences (as government failed to protect the rights of others, like how that Norwegian mass shooter got like 21 years or something lenient). I found myself in support of that thinking, in all honesty, rather than the hardliner approach of killing

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It’s not often when the raw population plays an importance when it comes to most stats, including incarceration rates and prison status. We don’t have a wacked incarceration rate per population, and that lower rate prevents us from: overloading prisons, building more prisons per capita, and spending massive amounts (in terms of % GDP) on prisoners as a whole. Hence, the cost isn’t too overbearing for tad nicer prisons.

USA’s main issue is it needs to end its current interpretation of the War on Drugs. Target dealers and traffickers, not users.

17. That won’t happen since the interpretation is part of the federal gov.buisnes model. They can’t get rid of the dealers because they are the dealers and make money being such, as well as penalizing the users.

MLMVSS likes this.
  18. give them the same death they gave there victims

19. SolitaryScribe

You truly are an evil genius Mr. Burns

SilentJay313 and Gotham Outlaw like this.