1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas for Executions Amid Turmoil Over Lethal Injection

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 15, 2018.

Do you agree with the death penalty for the worst violent crimes?

1. Yes

52.9%
  2. No

29.4%
  3. I don't know

17.6%
  1. Basically a creationism in schools? More or less teaching Deism in class as a soft sell to make them open to Christianity. More or less like "look at this complex organism, it's so perfect right? Could random processes have made this or could it have been an intelligent design. Rinse and repeat.

2. This thread is entitled: Gas for Executions Amid Turmoil Over Lethal Injection.

Does that method seem preferable, if we are to assume that the death penalty will remain in a few countries like the USA?
    Remember - From 1890 to 2010, the rate of botched lethal injections in the USA was 7.1%, higher than any other form of execution, with firing squads at 0%, the electric chair at 1.9%, hanging at 3.1%, and the gas chamber at 5.4%.

3. I say like I said before, humaneness should bot be considered. The death penalty should be feared to be a deterrent. Go with firing range and hanging.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  4. I have walls around me because of my autism and it has served me well in life.

I don't just hand it out like candy and actually value something like say a relationship. So you're saying if your partner cheated on you that you could somehow forgive them for doing such an act? How do you ever forgive that they cheated on you when they didn't bother to talk about what the problem was in the relationship, or any other thing they didn't like. I can't think of any reason to forgive somebody that willingly does something as treacherous as that, there is literally no excuse.

There are some thing's that truly can't be forgiven and I guess you have an easier time forgiving people but I don't, trust is one of the biggest things in my life and when it's severely broken like that I tend not to forgive that person, it has nothing to do with being hurt in the past.

You can't forgive someone just for the sake of forgiveness itself, there has to be a good reason as to why they deserve it. That's why it's more of a personal basis and really depends on what happened to you and what was said to warrant forgiveness, but there are some actions that are just unforgivable, surely you understand that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2018
  5. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Whatever happened to humility? if we're only forgiving people based on good reason's we will never find a reason to forgive someone. Forgiveness shouldn't be based on what reason is given, it should be based on the fact that we are no better than the person who fell and is asking for forgiveness.

everyone is capable of doing great evil. When we refuse to forgive someone, we essentially put ourselves above them as if they are not worthy of our forgiveness, yet in the end we can screw up a lot more than they did.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Except to me some people aren't worthy of compassion or forgiveness though, for instance how could you forgive a person for murdering somebody close to you? Doesn't matter what they felt after what was done, they still did it with intent and nothing they say will change that.

I can assure you I most certainly haven't screwed up like any of those people, and if I did I wouldn't want to be forgiven for what I did.

7. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

If this person never asks for forgiveness and has no regret to what he did, than I have no obligation to forgive him. But if I saw remorse in him and regret than I would actively try to forgive them. It won't be easy, and I may not be strong enough to find forgiveness in my heart... but I would put an effort to at least try.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. All hats off to you mate, but I couldn't and wouldn't forgive a person that commits such a crime in the first place. Especially one that takes a large part of my life away.

9. We have the dea
    History shows that the fear of death and punishment havnt served us well and has been totally in effective when it comes to stopping crime. I'm not going to go all SJW like, "It's not the criminals fault cause they had a hard life" cause I'm for personal responsibility. You still need to recognize the fact that people who commit rapes and murder are disfunctional and are the types of people who dont think about consequence.
    We have disgusting leaders in the US who allow people to get butt raped in jail. As far as im concerned butt rape is the worst thing that can happen to a man. You would think going to a place where people have a high likelihood to get raped is enough of a deterrent but in the US jails are full to the brim.

I know people think its all liberal but trying to scare a psycho into compliance has been proven not to work.

10. I don't speak for anyone but myself, but for me it's not a matter of what someone "deserves." I don't believe Hitler deserves forgiveness, nor do I believe I deserve forgiveness for any of the bad things I've done. In fact, I believe we have all done enough "bad things" to deserve the eternal prison of hell.

So it's not about what people deserve, to me. I don't forgive people because they deserve it, and I don't believe God forgives us because we deserve it. He does it because it's who HE is, not because of who WE are. And that's what I strive to be as well. I want to be a forgiving person. When I forgive someone, it's not about who they are or what they've done, it's about the kind of person I want to be.

11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Depending on what you believe about hell, if you take Dante's inferno for example there are varying degrees of suffering God reserves for those who have committed acts against His commandments.

http://historylists.org/art/9-circles-of-hell-dantes-inferno.html

You could argue it is worse to fall into the 'inner circles' but to me hell is all the same. Avoid at all costs, or as I like to say, 'prevention rather than a cure.'

Hitler probably falls into the ninth circle 'Treachery against humanity'

12. I didn't say that at all... you're greatly simplifying my views. And you're also getting into a deeply theological conversation, which isn't what this thread is about.

The basic message of the gospel is that all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God, and therefore will spend eternity in hell. Jesus came as a sacrifice for our salvation, and anyone who recognizes that and accepts that free gift will be saved from that grisly fate. Yes, including criminals. Again, though, you use the word "shouldn't," which, to me, implies that you think I'm saying they don't deserve to suffer in hell. But I didn't say that. In fact, I basically said the opposite of that.

That's all I'm going to say on that. This thread isn't a debate about religion and forgiveness.

13. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I agree with Cass, best to create a topic in the groups section if you wish. Otherwise this will get locked.