1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone had oily scalp because of PMOing ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Never_Return_There, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Never_Return_There

Never_Return_There Fapstronaut

My scalp has become very easily-oiling and it seems i have overproduction of sebum, i think its from fapping, there are other people who report this too. I have been clean 168 days already, and it still hasnt gone. Does it go away by itself, or no ? I have read some reports how it reversed in 90 days, but i don't see it working in my case. Shampoos don't seem to work. If you can offer any help for coping with this, you are welcome ;D I am looking for a long term solutions.

2. BrainPlasticity

BrainPlasticity Fapstronaut

Never_Return_There likes this.
  3. Never_Return_There

Yes, a celibate, i am doing hardmorde, no girlfriends, no nothing. ;D Thanks for the link.

BrainPlasticity likes this.
  4. Do you get dandruff from it?
    I have had some real trouble due to dandruff from oily scalp which i feel was a consequence of fapping.

5. Never_Return_There

^ No, i dont have a dandruff right now, i had earlier (maybe 2 years ago) but not now. But if i dont wash my hair 2 days, it gets very greasy.

6. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

I have dermatitis and nofao has drastically reduced its severity, the flakes are much smaller and less in quantity, I need to wash my hair every 2/3 days to prevent oil from building, do a wokrout and itll give you an excuse to shower more and clean up more often

Never_Return_There likes this.
  7. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

I developed oily scalp in puberty and it has not left me since. Is it really MO related?

8. Masquerade

Masquerade Fapstronaut

Oily skin and sebum production is linked with Heredity and Genetics. If your Father have the same condition then you might get it too. I also have oily scalp and skin. So my doctor told me not to use oil on my body externally. I also use an anti dandruff shampoo specifically for oily scalp once or twice a week.
    I do observe that NOFAP decrease excess sebum production. I am also in an experiment to find if my problem can be reversed by this anyway i think its getting better. Each skin is different right.

Over usage of any type of shampoos irritate scalp and wash away its natural oils which triggers the skin to produce excess oil too. So its better to limit shampoo usage.
    Comb your hair after getting up in the morning,before going to bed at night,before having bath. During bath massage your scalp with the tip of all fingers. Thats what i am doing everyday and its getting better i think. Also do Cardio workouts everyday to improve blood circulation to all parts

9. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I had problems with oily face before I started nofap