1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Haven’t been able to stop masturbating in 8 years of doing nofap.

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Sakhi, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

My history begin at the age of 21 when i first found nofap. Since then I couldn’t stop fapping. Now im 29. So depressed with habit of masturbating. I have also been addicted to prostate orgasming with destroyed me. I see everywhere people claiming masturbating is normal. Its not normal. It make you age faster and weakens your immunity system alot. Who can help me stop it forever¿ how can i recover at the age 29?

Fireofdesire likes this.
  2. Hi @Sakhi, seems like there's a lot of pressure around, depression cause of habits. Could it be that you are fighting? Fighting to get rid of the old, now unwanted habit of M? If so then for a minute or two close your eyes and go inside. Think of you fighting and check in with your mind and body what thoughts and what sensations, feelings arise. And how does it feel to constantly fight? Suppress, oppress urges? Constant suppression, oppression must lead to depression.

Pressure can provoke counterpressure. What if you took some of the pressure off you? Or even all?

See nofap as a martial art. Learn to surf ON the urge waves. The fun is NOT to fall off the board.
    Let other people think what they want. Mind your own business. Focus on building the new. What is the new? The new you? The new life of yours? What are new healthy behaviors?

Recovery is no matter of age. You can recover at any age. Even heal. Recovery is no linear process. It is not about perfection, it is about progress. Step by step, a small step here, a bigger one there. One day at a time.

Do you have a vision? A clear plan? A goal? What direction are you heading to?

Oh ... and referring to your question who can help you to stop forever. You can. You got to make the steps. We can point out, show, share, talk. But each one of us got to make them oneself.
    And instead of forever say today. How can I help myself to stay strong today? And tomorrow you ask again: What healthy actions do I need to practice that help myself to stay strong today? Each day is today.

Why today instead of forever? Forever can be overwhelming and create pressure. Today is more likely to be achieved. And eventually many todays lead to ... forever ;) And do not forget: Recovery is not a linear process. So should you one day not stay strong and fall off the board and give in to the urges then get back up and keep going. One day at a time. But you need to know what you really want. What do you really really really want? And for what reason?

3. JF2002SD

JF2002SD Fapstronaut

Maybe NoFap's program isn't for you. It's not for everyone.

If you haven't made it work in the best part of a decade, if you keep doing what you are doing, you'll keep getting what you are getting.

Give Sex Addicts Anonymous' program a try. How much worse could it be?

https://saa-recovery.org/

4. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

5. StevenR

StevenR Fapstronaut

Perhaps focus less on the streak and more on smaller wins. For example, let's say in one week you get two days without M. Note those days as "wins" regardless of the days you didn't abstain.
    The streak makes a game out of it but really any time you don't do it is still a win.
    As you have smaller successes you can chain them together and start celebrating two days, or a week.
    Something I learned through athletics was that sometimes it's easier to play the game right than others (like at practice versus competition). So, as I learn coping skills in life there will be certain times it's easier to cope well other times when it's more difficult. Just because I didn't cope well when it's difficult doesn't mean I can't use those skills when it's not as difficult.

6. DeepRecovery

DeepRecovery Fapstronaut

If you have only been counting days then it doesn't even amount to a program. There's social support (not just posting and reading online), the science and spirituality, these are all deep wells that can combine and work together. What have you tried?

7. Phastin

Phastin Fapstronaut

Do you put others before yourself? And do you put them before you because you don't want to upset them?