1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

having trouble sleeping, and other issues...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by alxwarrior18, Jun 23, 2023.

1. alxwarrior18

alxwarrior18 Fapstronaut

for the past month or so, I have had insomnia for many nights, probably partly due to current problems going on in my life. I also notice that I have a lot of sexual and violent thoughts as i am laying in bed, and when I wake up. This means that i have flashbacks and stuff. I also have problems with procrastination and mild ocd. What advice do you guys have for dealing with insomnia, and the other issues (if you have them as well)?

2. The most important way to sleep better is to be consistent. Go to bed at x time, get up at y time. Initially it's going to be rough. Make sure to get out and get some sun and drink coffee, as soon as you wake up. Exercise early in the morning is also highly recommended. Also wind down one hour before night. Lower the light, read a book (phone use and tv isn't recommended). This should help for most people.
    The thoughts and flashbacls sound like counseling might be useful. It's important to not exaggerate the importance of thoughts, just let them pass. Practise mindfulness (very important). Journaling is good to get past events out of your system.

3. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

This is my routine before going to sleep:
    1) Breathing exercises (I use Wim Hof Method)
    2) Cold shower followed by….
    3) Warm bath or shower
    4) Prayer

Works like a dream!

4. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

"Sleep psychologists" are supposedly a thing now. If you don't wanna go that route, which I don't blame you, I strongly recommend a mild, non-prescription sedative like valerian root or l-theanine.