Hello and my history

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Journalf, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Journalf

Journalf New Fapstronaut

Well, I'm from Costa Rica and I'm 28 years old. Mi history: I guess is similar to other people of this site, however I'll tell a compilation from it. I arrive to this site thanks to an article on BBC Mundo about abstaining and news from NoFap.
    I started with PMO when I was 11 years old and until now I stand on this practice, many times and many ideas come to me like a road to change, although anything has work on a good way.
    When I was younger went to a phsychologist and pshyquiatrist instead of nothing of that help me with doubts and problems associated with PMO. It was impossible separate from my reality my faith and religion and I have a several charge on my mind that I was being disloyal with it. However, something convinced me that with the time I was going to find an exit, nevertheless it doesn't happen now.
    Basicly that is my history, I hope that you can understand my ideas, and maybe there's something that speak spanish, is easier for me that speak and write on English.
    Like a fact, in all this time, I never have kissed a woman and until now I never have had a girlfriend.

dboy18 and TicoFapstronaut like this.
  2. byeoldfriend

byeoldfriend Fapstronaut

Hello @Journalf and welcome to this community. Let me tell you that you have arrived to the right place.

I would like to hear more about you. Mainly about what are your motivations and what are your primary goals.

Also, I recommend your to read the Rebooting section https://www.nofap.com/rebooting/

También, hay un foro en español en donde encontrarás un buen grupo de personas que comparten nuestro problema: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/nofap-en-español.50547/page-116#post-1420908

Regards

3. Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material (available here => http://www.nofap.com/getting-started) and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Also, try to add something into your life that makes you the kind of person who doesn't engage in PMO. Think about doing:
    Something you enjoy
    Something you're good at
    Something important
    Something for somebody else, without thought of reward (and if you DO get an unintended reward, do something ELSE, perhaps for a different person or group).

Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. For example, I received the above good advice from a far more experienced member of the community who shared his knowledge. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Share your knowledge in a respectful way. Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to support you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you, both here and IRL.

I wish you a successful reboot.

4. TicoFapstronaut

TicoFapstronaut Fapstronaut

Mae, yo soy tico! Tenemos que formar una comunidad de Ticos haciendo NoFap. Un grupo de apoyo. Avíseme si quiere hablar y nos ponemos en contacto. Cuídese bro!!