1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help!!! How do I know when I'm ready?!?!

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Space Panda, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Space Panda

Space Panda Fapstronaut

I am starting to get these overwhelming urges and not to start the cycle of PMO. I am convinced that I will never do that again. However, to sleep with my girlfriend. We've had sex before but much like lebron I was only successful 3 out of the 8 attempts. And the three times I was successful I was barely erect. I dont want to repeat the same mistake that Ive made in the past. I dont want to put her in that same embarrassing situation. I feel like my erections have gotten stronger, but how do I know I'm ready?

Knighthawk likes this.
  2. You just have to continue no PMO and be patient. You're only 23 days into recovery, and this takes time. Have the 3/8 successes been in the last 23 days, or was that before? Does your gf know about your PA or your recovery efforts? Try to focus more on the intimacy and connection you have with her instead of the mechanics of sex, and with time, things should start working properly again.

Numb and Space Panda like this.
  3. Space Panda

Space Panda Fapstronaut

Well you're right I'm probably tryna jump the gun. She does know, I let her know a few months back. And and the 3/8 was before these past 23 days.

hope4healing likes this.
  4. It's good that she knows because hopefully she'll support you in your recovery efforts, but just as importantly, if you have more instances where things don't work the way you'd like, she won't take it personally and think it's her fault.

As long as you stay fully committed to recovery, your brain will continue to rewire itself, and the chances of successful attempts will keep getting higher. Just don't get too over-confident that you've completely conquered your addiction because, as too many have learned, that's when it'll find a way to sneak back in.

Space Panda likes this.
  5. Lmao I love the lebron jab outta nowhere! But he’s actually 3 for 9 now! Hahaha :)

hope4healing and Space Panda like this.
  6. Space Panda

Space Panda Fapstronaut

Admittedly, I am one of those people. before my current streak I would constantly think like that. Acting like I didnt have that much of a problem. But now I'm more vigilant.

hope4healing likes this.