1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP IS ON THE WAY

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Life pounds us and we want to give up, but if we know that help is on the way... We will keep trying.

Last night I played volleyball against my 14-year-old daughter. It was great fun and she was just a big star, ripping spikes and hard serves all the time.

Background: When my daughter was 12 she would drag me into the backyard to practice volleyball. She would hit the ball into the ground 10 out of 10 times from 10 feet. The next day... ditto. 4 days later she could now hit 1 or 2 out of 10. I gave her constant instruction, she tried but struggled to implement things. After 1 week she could hit about 5 out of 10. Based on her progress I knew she could never make the high school team. But what I did not know was what she knew. She knew that help was on the way. She had seen me train her sister (who could hit 9 out of 10 when she was 9 with no instruction) and her sister had become a superstar. She believed.

She worked and followed my instruction to a tee. I told her: You are a great learner, and she really was. She was focused and as determined as anyone in the city.

Last night I watched my daughter spike that volleyball. She is still the slowest player on the court, but she has become by far the best spiker on her team. She had “worked so hard” to learn how to do things right, that now... it was getting hard to do things wrong.

Some of you are copying and pasting articles and studying them. You are doing what people advise you to do, and you keep hitting the ball straight into the ground. But if you keep working and 100% believe that “Help is on the way,” you will never be disappointed.

The Bible says: “He that loveth me keepeth my commandments.” If you say: My attempts to keep the commandments are about as successful as your daughter's first attempts to spike the ball. That is the past. Today, try to obey again, accept God's love, put in the work, and you will have a 100% chance that “Help is on the way.”

The video that inspired this thread:

For more Christian music try anything by Lauren Daigle.

Tao Jones likes this.