1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with fighting urges

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Dragonborn_117

Dragonborn_117 Fapstronaut

Hello brothers and sisters! Hope everyone is having a blessed Easter Season.
    I've had recently the grace to be chaste for over 87 days, and it was glorious to be that free from the sin of PM. I was doing great and, despite a relapse a few weeks ago, went to my first confession on Tuesday of last week. It was so freeing to have over a decade of Mortal Sin from the age of reason to now wiped clean, and I felt so happy and alive for the first time in a while. My heart was on fire for the Lord, and especially yesterday when I had my confirmation Mass and received Eucharist for the first time, I felt like a jolt of energy had entered my body. It helped me to push through to today.
    An hour ago, I began to suffer an extremely strong urge, mainly out of boredom and stress due to finals coming up in the next couple of weeks. It was probably one of the most shameful relapses I have ever had. I have thoughts running through my mind like "was the grace given not enough?" and "why am I not good enough to live through this pain?".Urges have been the strongest demon for me to fight on this journey of cleansing myself of PM for good. I feel like they are so strong now that whenever an urge hits, I just automatically give up. If anyone has any advice to help me, it would be very much appreciated.
    I plan on going to confession ASAP today and attending daily mass if I can. I ask that all of you pray for me in my journey into the church and that I may be Chaste. Thank you and God Bless to anyone who reads this

DaveyCrockett and patmandu5555 like this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Bishop Fulton Sheen wrote "The devil always tempts the pure, the others are already his." I wondered for some time why it is that after receiving the sacrament of Confession and feeling the elation of freedom it brings, I am soon tempted to sin again. I think the answer can be found in Matt 12:43-45. I have found help by praying sincerely to the Father asking that He fill my heart so full with His love that there is no room left for the devil to squeeze inside. Don't give up. I think the path to purity requires much prayer and frequent examination of one's conscience (were my actions accretive to my desire to do God's will or deleterious?) I am praying for you. Please pray for me.