1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

High development!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Well, have you ever tried to develop yourself, reading books, exercising, taking courses to develop yourself, and failed at all?
    Share your experience if possible ^^

2. Rents77

Rents77 Fapstronaut

I've always said that NoFap works best if you combine it with improving yourself in another way too.
    On that note, I've started going to the gym 5-6 times a week, for 1 - 2 hours each time.
    Also started to read - finished one book and began a 2nd one but haven't been much active lately.
    Will take up dancing at the end of the month too.

Can't say I've failed at one of those...yet.

3. E31

E31 Fapstronaut

All the time. The first time I became obsessed with self developement it was very toxic, like an addiction in itself, fooling myself by buying all kinds of books watching videos of all the shady dudes trying to tell you how to be succesful but not actually doing anything really and then hating myself for not becoming the ultimate succesful superhuman I set out to be and instead falling back into my usual, not so good behaviours.

Reasons why that failed many times were that I wanted too much without having the necessary patience and that I didn't even know what it really was I wanted to achieve besides some vague idea of success, money, freedom and getting laid more often :D I basically didn't want to be who I was and tried to overcompensate for that with self-improvement. And a huge part of this industry behind, capitalizes on exactly that - selling you the idea that who you are right now is not enough.

That being said, I now try to sort out the root causes of my "misery" through therapy, nofap, socializing more etc. and at the same time trying to build healthy habits in small increments and look for the things that actually help which would be for me:
    - Wim Hof breathing daily with the occasional cold shower(tho I definitely not going hard on those ;) )
    - attending courses in my martial arts club weekly
    - listening to the huberman lab podcast and following some of the golden advice on there while keeping my flat clean
    - practicing music daily

I still fail from time to time but rather than being angry about that, I'm celebrating everyday I manage to do basically anything and try to enjoy the journey :)

88991s likes this.
  4. MATTI233

MATTI233 Fapstronaut

Man, I know your feeling, and for all you guys trying to improve yourselves with no luck at all I gonna say the next thing: you gotta work your body, your mind (I'm referring to your attitude) your spirit if believe in these kind of things, and your intelligence. Pick up two-three activities for each and start doing them on a daily basis. This is the trick to not getting lost in this self improvement world that is really big

Controller69 likes this.
  5. Always Keep Going

Always Keep Going Fapstronaut

The most valuable of advice. If you feel as though you're not improving in due time, maybe consider changing your frame of view and approach, maybe ensure that you have the right mindset/quality of mind (meditate for the sake of clarity, for instance). Having these misgivings of yourself only hold you back on the long road, success comes with time and struggle. Keep at it for years and years until you get it right.

88991s likes this.