1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I forgive, accept and love myself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by A Conqueror, Jun 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

These months I've been a lot into shadow working, inner child, conscious and inconscious, shame, traumas, guilt, all that stuff.
    What technique do you use or have worked for you, or what would you recommend n terms of forgiving, accepting and loving yourself. But not in a superficial fake and forced way, I don't want to pretend. I want to deeply and profoundly discover, forgive, heal and accept myself of anything, of everything.

2. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

I have found this practice to be of help, so here’s the quote from a teacher, “How can we love ourselves and love others? By working on the disintegration of our defects, moment by moment.”
    Simple enough, yet to truly live it….?!

3. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Thanks but that doesn't tell me anything concrete, care to elaborete further? I need an actual technique or method.. I already know I have to work on my unintegrated aspects of my personality

DeterminedRebooter likes this.
  4. Practice the following affirmation every morning after waking up and night before sleeping :
    As you pray this your consciousness will be lifted to a spiritual dimension and your brain will be healed.
    This is called Absolute method by Joseph Murphy

Thank You technique :
    Pray :
    Use these techniques everyday without judgement.

A Conqueror likes this.
  5. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Interesting, I've read many books from Murphy, and one of them, The power of your subconscious mind, like 20 times throughout the years; thank you this sounds like an effective method for addiction, however I'm looking beyond the addiction, I want to become whole again, completely forgive and accept all of me, I want to be a man who is deeply comfortable on his own skin. Do you think affirmations should work with this too?

Yesterday I did a sort of affirmation/exploration/connection session, where I said repeatedly and out loud: "I want to forgive myself, I want to accept myself, I want to love myself" while beating my chest rhythmically, after a while it evolved to.. "I forgive myself, I accept myself, I love myself" It did't feel artificial. A few mins later after the session I was on my tablet and spontaneously began to cry, but it felt like a release.

6. You may affirm

7. You may affirm
    I am forgiving everyone then I am forgiven

8. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Pay attention to what arises in your awareness throughout the day. When you notice a “defect “ (pride, anger, fear, dishonesty etc) ask God/a Higher Power to remove it and place your attention on your High Ideal.

9. keyfekeder

keyfekeder Fapstronaut