1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you get through the Incel thinking ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Jun 16, 2021.

1. The title say it all.

CarP likes this.
  2. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

In a sense, that designation doesn't really exist. You could always get a prostitute, you could learn the pick-up artist game, you could invest more time and energy into making yourself more attractive, etc.

I remember reading the blog of one prominent incel who lived in Croatia. He gained some attention after apparently conducting one man protests in front of a government office demanding that they provide him with a girlfriend. Here's the thing though, this self proclaimed "incel" was tall, dark and handsome. He got a lot of attention on dating websites despite his lack of social skills, he had already had sex with over a dozen women and had a few short term relationships with a couple of them. He still considered himself to be incel. He was still lonely. He believed that a girl could cure all of his problems and when this didn't happen, his encounter with them "didn't count".

Mr.Tony and CarP like this.
  3. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Man, so much great stuff on this topic.

To be honest, I think the blackpill is actually a natural extension of a spiritually dead society that's sex-obsessed. And the incels and the PUAs and plenty of people who hate them all belong to the same ecosystem. They view the world as a power struggle, sex as a currency, and the material aspects of the world as the chief determinant. This actually isn't that different from feminist ideology or alpha male PUA ideology. It's all the same stinking dumpster filled with modern garbage. I can't blame them, and even commend them somewhat for being consistent. The problem is, it's a very small worldview filled with a ton of suffering.

Too bad they view religion as a cope. Most religions I've encountered and engaged with aren't copes at all, or even a set of moral rules, but they usually start by taking the eyes of the fallen and pointing them towards something infinitely higher than themselves. This is the perfect antidote to the modern condition, and it has done nothing but heal my soul. I've never struggled with women or inceldom or been caught up in the whole "alpha/ beta" mentality, but it frees you from the sex and power-obsessed worldview of modernity by showing you that there are more interesting, beautiful, and fundamental aspects of reality than those at first apparent.

We probably won't see an end to these ideologies until the West can spiritually align itself again.

jcl1990, DeeJ4y and smh_fam like this.
  4. I'm not sure I ever really fell into the incel line of thinking. I definitely spent along time depressed and moping in self-pity, thinking I was going to be alone forever though.

Lifting weights was the catalyst in my life that allowed me to believe in myself, Although it took some time for that to sink in. I read a lot of philosophy and other books I was interested in, and used that on the journey to become a real man. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and got involved in hobbies and activities I never would have considered otherwise, Talked to more girls, started asserting myself and gaining experience in the real world.