1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I stay motivated?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LastingChangeCreator, Jul 6, 2018.

1. LastingChangeCreator

LastingChangeCreator Moderator Assistant

I saw “The Secret” movie, crafted after the book of Rhonda Byrne. I got motivated. That motivation lasted for a year.

I saw motivational videos by Tony Robbins. I got motivated. That motivation lasted for some months.

I saw inspirational TED Talks. I got motivated. That motivation lasted for some days.

I followed motivational and inspirational blogs on Instagram. I got motivated. That motivation lasted for some hours.

Nothing lasted forever.

Then one fine day, I stopped looking for motivation somewhere else.

I looked within myself.

I made myself clear about what I wanted in my life. I made myself habitual with all the odds that I might face in the process of achieving my goals.

I made my mind prepared for everything that life was going to throw at me after choosing what I wanted to do. I became sure of what I wanted from my life.

How do you stay motivated?

Stop relying on external factors that motivate you.

Don't let any Instagram account, any video, any person and any book be the source of your motivation.

Look at yourself. Prepare your mind for whatever you want.

Let the odds come. Let the problems arise. Just smile, and solve.

And still when you feel low, remember that it's a sign of being a human being.

At that time, appreciate the little wonderful things around you. Feel good about having them by your side.

Smile. And, rise again.

-Odebra Vijay

r8js and Deleted Account like this.