1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How does one breath during yoga postures?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

2. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

What would you like to know?

I recommend you to take a yoga or pilates class to learn about the different breathing patterns.

You can also check for ''pranayama'', there is great books on the art of breathing.

The most important one, and you can find a lot of videos on youtube, is the deep breathing (or diaphragmatic breathing) with your belly.

3. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

I already take a yoga class, but she doesn't teach how to breath. Learning how to breath during yoga might have to be something I learn on my own, manually.

4. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

So check books and videos on pranayama.

5. KarmaWeaver

KarmaWeaver Fapstronaut

There are different opinions on the "correct technique" of breathing, some schools prefer one, others prefer another. But the basic it that your breath needs to be continuous and with equal intensity during inhalation and exhalation. Counting the seconds may be helpful.

6. twistedshadows23

twistedshadows23 Fapstronaut

Try "breathing into" the part of your body that you're stretching. I know this sounds abstract but use your imagination at first and you'll see what I mean. Try to keep your breaths even and smooth, the inhale should roll into the exhale. Also breath slower and deeper than you normally would. Hope this helps! The main thing is to not worry about weather you're doing it right or wrong.

KarmaWeaver and Tibo87 like this.