1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How much caffeine do you drink and do you consider your consumption level healthy?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Administrator Account, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Caffeine-free now.

Benefits I've experienced:
    • Fall asleep easier.
    • Don't feel terrible when waking up in the morning until that first cup of caffeine.
    • Generally feel more alert.
    • Don't feel tired mid-day.
    • Feel healthier for doing it.
    Downsides:
    • If you fall behind too much on sleep, no crutch to get you through the day: you're just going to have a bad day.
    • Lots of drinks have caffeine, so you need to cut down on drinks or find new ones.
    • If you eat out a lot at fast food, there are often very limited caffeine-free options for drinks.
    Worth mentioning that the first time I abstained cold-turkey, had splitting headaches and felt like the room was spinning. This time, I weaned off very slowly, going from only 1/2 of a cup of black tea to nothing. Despite weaning off, THERE WAS STILL WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS! Nuts! STILL got a headache, although not close to as bad, and still felt very tired with a slight headache. It was a far less intense and much quicker withdrawal than going cold-turkey, but it wasn't very much fun for a day.

2. Another effect I've noticed from quitting caffeine: more dreams, remembering dreams more easily, or vivider dreams. Can't tell which ;)

3. That's probably because of better sleep, indirect cause.

I think I drink too much coffee as well, couldn't really stop though. I first try to completely cut soda<-sugar... then maybe lower my coffee-intake to one cup before 16:00. Caffeine-Free Coffee also worked really well as a substitute, I remember being able to do that for 3-4 weeks, then I just didn't care about it, but it's a great option to lower caffeine in particular.