1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW SATAN ATTACKS

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

When you enter a realm of temptation like TV, the beach, or many other places, be aware that satan will whisper to you, encouraging disobedience. When this happens, you have two choices. Firstly, be confused and let whatever happens happen. Or secondly, fight back.

Example one: You are at the beach and you notice “somebody.” WWJD – He would quote Psalm 119:37 - "Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."

Interesting... now our mind has some awareness that looking with lust is “worthless.” Now we are being reminded that the Word will preserve our life. On the flip side, if we don't fight back with the Word, our life may not be preserved. Ouch.

Example two: You are in the middle of an exciting TV show, and here it comes, sin, sin, sin. To fight back quote 1 Corinthians 6:18 - " Flee sexual immorality.”

If the scene is not that big of a deal, shield your eyes, forward fast and move on. But, if it is a big deal, and especially if it is a constant theme: quote Colossians 3:5 Therefore, put to death what belongs to your worldly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desire, and greed, which is idolatry.”

Now, this is just my opinion, but I don't think that looking at a beautiful woman is idolatry. However, looking at her with lust seems like it is. So, if a TV show is throwing constant lust at you, the best way to put it “to death” is to turn it off. Then... satan will tell you there is nothing else good on TV. Don't believe his “lie.” There are plenty of clean shows out there. Plus if you are praising God and worshiping Him during the clean show, you just might have a great life.

Prepare for satan's attacks. Fight back. Win.

WWJD78, CPilot, ChasteGuy and 3 others like this.
  2. kstoman

kstoman Fapstronaut

I love this post and your thinking is so right ,we must keep our eyes from worthless things,and our ears because of all the sex and vulgar language everywhere.

timcia likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I might write a little more about the ears.

Tao Jones likes this.
  4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Quitting is very hard if we still love to look or fantasize. Satan will constantly tell you to do that, and looking is ruining millions of Christians daily. Consider praying:

“Father, take away my love of lust.” 5 times daily.

Second, we study verses about lust when we have intense direct temptation. But when we notice that we are loving the world and its lusts too much, roll out those same verses. God's Words will straighten you out.

Third, the Bible says in 1 John 2:

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”

I should memorize verse 15.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.”

Fourth, be intentional about loving God instead of the world. Consider praying:

“Father, take away my love of the world and help me love You.”

Finally, the Bible says, “He that keepeth my commandments is he that loveth me.”

Consider praying:

“Father, help me to go to war with sin.”

Sin makes us love the world, and it brings us back to lust. Increasing our love of God decreases our love of the world, and it starts us towards a path of freedom, and joy.

CPilot and LLOYYD like this.
  5. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Yesterday, I was told of a person who allowed sin to overwhelm them to the point of darkness, depression, and worse. Someone close to me was traumatized by their involvement in the situation, so I told them that sin always causes something to start to die, or partially die.

John 8:12 ESV Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
    Consider praying: “Father, help me flee from sin, show me how to follow You.”

Romans 8:5-8 ESV For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

James 4:7 ESV Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

We submit to God when we commit to a war against sin. We submit when we plan our new thoughts daily. This is a very intentional way of pleasing, and loving God. There are 3 parts to the above verse. #1 submit to God, #2 resist lust (with scripture if overwhelmed), and #3... then, satan will flee from you.

The more intentional we are about the above process, the more foolproof it starts to be.

Second, know the results of the wages of sin (which the Bible says “Is death.” Do a partial memorization of Romans 5:5-8.

Third, if darkness is squeezing you, pound it out with daily Bible reading. Pound it out by reading the above 3 verses 3 times each. Pound it out by doing a Google search “Verses Light.” Jesus is the Light of the world. Repent, then pound some of the verses about His light into you.

6. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Often we pray about what we want. We can spend 30 minutes in prayer without once praying about what God wants. We pray about money troubles, car troubles, and people troubles while forgetting that people around us are in pain.

This week I am praying a lot about being ready. God is really answering that prayer for me this week. It is very likely in His will. He wants me to be ready to go to war with sin and to do His will. I am focusing constantly on that prayer. I am getting answers to that prayer.

Yesterday a lady came over to buy a paint easel. This time I was ready to talk to her about God if she was interested. She was. She was very interested in talking about the Bible.

Temptation

Second, be ready with a plan for what you will do later today. If _______ happens, you will _________. When this _________ type of temptation happens you will ___________.

Third, consider having a two-way, or three-part plan of exactly what to do when temptation gets severe. Then “instantly” start doing it when you get overwhelmed. If you think about it for a bit, you allow satan to join the battle in full force. That is a bad idea.

Finally, pray about what God wants, be ready, and have an exact plan of how to fight off temptation.

Its-Gonna-be-tough and CPilot like this.
  7. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Chess players who attack, win more often. Chess players who react, lose more often. In fighting lust, always attack. Always pray:

“Father, help me to turn from lust, and help me to love others.”

Start praying before you go out, before you turn on the TV, before you go to a tempting place, and before you come home from school or work.

When a chess opponent attacks first, the other player is prone to mistakes. When satan attacks first, we are prone to mistakes. If we attack temptation first and ferociously, satan will start to think about easier prey.

Second, it is better to attack first than to be some expert at quitting. Someone new to this site might pray this prayer 1000 times this week and have satan running. Someone with great expertise in quitting may pray it only a few times and then forget to attack, attack, attack.

Third, attacking sin ignites God's presence. The Bible says, “In your presence is fullness of joy.”

Attack, quit, and find joy.