How to stop biting my nails?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by iWannaRecover, Nov 24, 2018.

1. iWannaRecover

iWannaRecover Fapstronaut

Ever since I was a kid I've had this habit. I'm 22 years old now. I've tried to quit several times but I do it unconsciously. When I'm nervous or in a stressful situation before I realize I've already bitten my nails.

I really want to quit this, but for me is even harder than quitting PMO because I actually do not even think about it.

Anyone has some tips? Have you been able to quit biting your nails?
    How did you do it? Thank you very much.

2. rgm

rgm Fapstronaut

I believe there's stuff you can buy that you apply to your nails which makes it taste REALLY bad.
    I don't know the name but maybe someone else does or u can find it with google.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

I quit biting my nails years ago. Now I have to cut them because they get too long. I stopped when I had an epiphany about it. It's impossible to bite your nails if you don't put your fingers in your mouth. I actually sat on my hands or kept them in my pockets for three weeks and I never bit my nails again. Carry nail clippers with you so you can fix a broken or snagged nail without biting.

Deleted Account and Knighthawk like this.
  4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Buy a bag of sunflower seeds and when you get the urge to start biting your nails, eat some seeds instead.

Deleted Account likes this.