How to stop eating in front of the computer?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Pauley, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

I eat close to every meal in front of the computer. This is one of the biggest reasons that I overeat. How to stop this bad habit?

2. Put a post-it on your monitor, maybe a couple, and have them say “Food does not belong here” or “Hey, you! Yes! You! Go eat that at your table, where it belongs. You’re gonna get crumbs stuck in my keyboard” or “He who eats in front of a screen, rarely gets lean”.

Pauley likes this.
  3. I accidentally stumbled upon a helpful method recently. Basically, I'm extremely addicted to nicotine. It's one of my main vices. I used to smoke cigarettes and vape, until last summer, when a buddy of mine brought over some snus, from his time in Norway. Snus is just some oral tobacco pouches that go under the upper lip. I started using them, got off cigs and vapes, life's good. But one of the side effects of me using snus all the time was that I couldn't eat while it was in my mouth. It just feels weird.

Now I don't recommend getting a lifelong addiction to nicotine. That would be stupid. But I do believe, that always having some gum, to keep your mouth busy might be a decent alternative.

Pauley likes this.