How to turn down a girl politely?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Hopeful Dreamer, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Long-story short: I met this girl through a dating app (first mistake *facepalm*[​IMG]), we have gone on two dates and slept in the second one. After that I felt disgusted with her and with myself, now I want to get her out of my life in a smooth and respectful way.

She isn't high-quality or very attractive, but she isn't a low-quality lazy girl either. She comes from a difficult background, but she's got values and is working hard to improve her life. We probably never had to meet, but in my attempt to deal with my breakup I ended up with her...

Additional information: I'm leaving this area in less than a month. She was aware of that before our first date. We have been in contact since our last date, and I don't know where she thinks this is going. I just want to let her know I don't want to see her again, face to face, and in the most polite way so she doesn't feel used. Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

Either ghost her or tell her that you don't want a relationship.

Espi1971 likes this.
  3. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

Well, girls get more attention from guys then you think, even the average ones. She propably rejected other guys many times, so she will understand I suppose. Women reject more guys than guys rejecting women. So now you know dont have sex to fast.

FormerLeatherneck likes this.
  4. Well, if she knows you are leaving anyways...

you don't really have to do anything, if she asks you if you want to hang out, just say you are busy. Just keep doing that until you move, and then once you move, you can say "hey, I am no longer in town.. it was really cool meeting you though"

5. OrthogonalToast

OrthogonalToast Fapstronaut

If you don't want to be in a relationship with her, Pauley is right and you definitely shouldn't.

Please don't ghost her though. I hate when people reject me and I have no idea why. Did I offend them? Did they just decide it wouldn't work out? I never know. I'd much rather hear "go to hell" than nothing.

I think we all owe each other honesty. It may be hard, but please be honest with her.

6. Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies!

I met with her again, wanted to celebrate her birthday. Apparently she had never had a guy doing the same, so I tried to made her feel special. After that we talked, she tried to be close but I explained that, as we both knew, I was leaving soon... so I told her it wasn't a good idea to keep seeing each other and she just said it was OK...

I feel good with what I did. I just expected another reaction from her. I hope I didn't hurt her, that's it.
    And lesson learnt, it's not worth going on dates with someone you don't really feel attracted to just for the sake of having sex... I'm glad this girl at least seems to be a good-ish girl, she just hasn't had an easy life.

Thanks again for the support, and we got this brothers!

OrthogonalToast likes this.