1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Huna and a new way of looking at life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by inglorious_guy, May 26, 2019.

1. inglorious_guy

inglorious_guy Fapstronaut

As requested by user @Awedouble

Hey all, I have currently started looking into Huna (had some books laying around for years) and the above user asked me to make a thread on what it is. So here goes. As I have been up for 16 hours, I am probably just going to copy and paste stuff. As I have not really started my own journey yet properly, so don't want to get it all wrong. But I do know the books I have, have some pretty cool meditation/visualisation exercises in them.

What is Huna?

Huna comes from ancient times, it is one of the original arts and sciences of healing and spiritual development. We believe that it may be as old as 35,000 years and is a part of the original teachings of the peoples of the earth which were centered here in Hawaii on a continent which now, no longer exists.

Huna was originally called Ho’omana. Ho’o means to make. Mana means life force, equivalent to Ki (as in Aikido), Chi (as in Tai Chi) or Shakti in the Sanskrit language. Taken together the word Ho’omana means empowerment or to empower.

Huna is about empowerment, about increasing your spirituality, energy, and metaphysical healing powers. What if you could experience and connect physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually with a Higher Power that can empower you to bring into your life whatever you desire.

7 Basic Principles of Huna

IKE – The world is what you think it is ( h**ps://www.unwrapyourmind.com/the-7-huna-principles-of-life-1-ike/ )

KALA – There are no limits, everything is possible ( h**ps://www.unwrapyourmind.com/the-7-huna-principles-of-life-2-kala/ )

MAKIA – Energy flows where attention goes
    ( h**ps://www.unwrapyourmind.com/the-7-huna-principles-of-life-%E2%80%93-3-makia/ )

MANAWA
    – Now is the moment of power

( h**ps://www.unwrapyourmind.com/the-7-huna-principles-of-life-%E2%80%93-4-manawa/ )

ALOHA
    – To love is to be happy with

( h**ps://www.unwrapyourmind.com/the-7-huna-principles-of-life-%E2%80%93-5-aloha/ )

MANA
    – All power comes from within

(
    h**ps://www.unwrapyourmind.com/the-7-huna-principles-of-life-%E2%80%93-6-mana/ )

PONO – Effectiveness is the measure of truth

( h**ps://www.unwrapyourmind.com/the-7-huna-principles-of-life-%E2%80%93-7-pono/ )

Sorry for not going into great detail. But even from scanning the above, you should be able to see elements of The Law Of Attraction and The Power Of Now.

To me this seems a good way to live life and it feels right to me from what I have read (unlike religion and deities).

In regards to meditation, the exercises I have seen from the 2 books I have, require the ability to meditate and visualize in order for them to be effective so building a base level of meditation is what I am starting to focus on whilst reading more about Huna.

The 2 books I have (so far) are:

Mastering your hidden self - Serge King
    Urban Shaman - Serge King