1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I came on too strong

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SorryWontSayIt, Mar 21, 2018.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi,

I started to chat with a girl I met on tinder (we had already met on party once before, but did not share to much back then). On tinder we really hit it off, and we started chatting on facebook and snapchat.

Because everything went so great I asked her out on two dates. We really hit it off on both of the dates and ended up kissing and hugging at the end of date two.

Few days after date two we planned to hang out later. So when I asked that they if she wanted she ignored me and told me she had to go to work. (I figured I maybe had come on too strong so I have her some space. Then she contacted me twice in one day).

After she texted me twice in one day with me being quiet except answering her texts, I texted her one time the day after. Now she has not been texting me and I have not texted her (because I am afraid I came on too strong).
    I am also afraid I sounded dissapointed since she bailed on me on the third date, but I tried to fix it up with the respons I gave and giving her a text the day after.

So how long should I wait with texting her if I came on too strong? (I know many people will say that she will text me if she wants, but I am afraid she is feeling that she did the same mistake maybe?). So I will give it one last shot in case we have misunderstood eachother.

Is like 3-4 days good? Then quit if she does not respond start texting me back?

Thanks for all support, already got a lot of support from this site.

(I know some people would tell me to move on, lots of fish in the sea etc. But I really want to give it one last try, just to check in. We clicked perfect at the two dates, and she even told me - but the texting the days after may have been a bit too often and too much).

-Would also like if someone got good ideas on how to contact her again, I was wondering just about a casual snap (as we started off)
    (Just for notice, the text I wrote was very casual - not really something to respond to, but I guess that does not change it (was snapchat))?
    -Some times we used to snapchat eachother what I were watching on TV (we liked a lot of the same tv shows) So it was only that.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Hi I am female. Honestly, if you were the last person to send a text and she has not responded, I would move on. It’s her turn to text you. Did you come on too strong? I don’t know I was not there. Maybe she met someone else on tinder and decided to date them? I used to online date and this happened all the time. I would have a great date and be constantly texting then all of the sudden ghosted or nothing. I do think you are too invested in her, and should not put all your eggs in one basket. Get back out there and date other women. I know it is hard particularly if you have ever dated offline but this is just how things are these days. If someone stops talking to you you just need to let that go. You likely will never hear from them again and you will never know why. I have friends dating men for a month or more and then disappear. I do think if you text her again it will come across as desperate. So my advice let it go and move on. Plenty of fish in the sea.

3. SorryWontSayIt

Thansk for the respons, damn I hate dating in many ways :\

(Just for notice, the text I wrote was very casual - not really something to respond to, but I guess that does not change it (was snapchat))?
    -Some times we used to snapchat eachother what we were watching on TV (we liked a lot of the same tv shows) So it was only that. I did not ask her anything like that...

The reason why I am so unsure, is because she started texting me twice after she did not repsonded to my snaps.

4. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

If it's her turn to respond, then wait for her response. Don't ever double text. Just don't. If she keeps ignoring you, move on. Don't text her again. The ball is in her court so let her decide whether she wants to play it back to you. Meanwhile, start looking for other people to date. Focus on something else otherwise you'll end up coming across as desperate and needy and very few women find that attractive in a man they barely know.

If she responds, reply within an hour. Don't wait days. Always respond with high enthusiasm but same level of investment. But don't wait several days as that gives her mixed signals. You can show her interest by responding in a timely manner and avoid coming across as desperate by NOT double texting and letting her reciprocate at her own pace. Meanwhile, date other people.

5. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Agreed. This is unfortunate but it’s the ways of dating today. You gotta roll with the punches. And I will add that when the right person does come along it won’t be this tough and there will not be game playing. I know because it happened to me. One day it will just click into place and you will know what I mean. With the right person you won’t have to force it or agonize over it. It will just fit. And often it’s the wrong person due to timing in their lives or yours. I used to get these guys that I went on one date with who clearly thought we were going to get married. They would text over and over. Personally I always had the courtesy to tell them I was not interested. But often times that resulted in a series of additional texts about how I was wrong and how we were meant to be. I felt bad truly. I often took the time to explain how online dating worked and to not get discouraged. But I do understand why women ghost. Because they just don’t want to deal with the anger many men show when rejected.

One of the men I dated quite seriously that I met online told me a good story. He was divorced and 40 had never done online dating. He met a girl fairly early on and they went on three dates. They texted daily and even planned to meet up again and then all the sudden no response. It was like she fell off the face of the earth. At first he was concerned that something had happened to her. But then as the days passed and he looked at her active dating profile he realized that she was indeed ignoring him and he got pissed. How could she not at least say she’s not interested? What did I do? He left several messages and angry texts. Then he spoke to another guy friend who explained as I am now this is how it is. Then he felt stupid and embarrassed and sent a text apologizing to her. She did not respond probably blocked him by that time. But it’s a good story to retell as it’s a great example. Did he do something? Unlikely. She likely met someone else or got serious with one of the 30 other men pursuing her online. Maybe she got back with her ex? You will never know but th best advice to quote princess Elsa “let it go let it go.”

Ragnar_Lothbrok likes this.
  6. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

You are way over analyzing this situation. It’s a lot simpler than you are making it. If she was interested she would text you. If she has not texted you she’s not interested. I don’t know why or what happened but she’s just not. Don’t waste your time fighting to be a part of someone’s life. There are plenty of people who want you in theirs. Don’t waste your time.

7. SorryWontSayIt

Fuck :( I guess you are both correct, and I am just trying to find excuses to keep going towards her. I hate it, the one time I actually push myself to a whole new level, always walked away from love when i had the chance because I did not want to feel the pain it may cause. Well here I am :\

Planned to meet the weekend, she used long time to answer, told me she had to work. I said it was fine and I understood - because she work a lot I told her it was just for her to suggest a day. After that I went quiet. Later the next day she texted me twice, I just gave some respons, not too much. The day after I gave her a snap of the tv-show, and no respons since :\

Just got to do as you say, move on, get busy, and find someone else. Even tho it will be difficult for me (Since I hate love so much, because I only feel it causes pain).

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. SorryWontSayIt

SHE TEXTED ME BAACCCK!! HOLYSHIT I AM HAPPY <3 GIVING TIME AND ROOM HELPS!! THANKS FOR SUPPORT, I HOPE I DONT MESS THIS UP AND I WILL GIVE HER A BIT MORE SPACE :,) SHIT IM HAPPY <3

9. over calling and over texting was a big mistake I used to make along time ago , I have lerned if she is interested she will call you or text you back you never know what she got going on if she likes she will get back in touch with you if she isn't she will not

SorryWontSayIt and GG2002 like this.
  10. (I’m going to sound like an old man here)

This is the problem with all this texting you kids do these days. You miss ALL the subtle cues you get from IRL conversations and even talking on the phone. You can’t get context or subtlety from texts.

Wait for about four days. If you haven’t heard anything reach out again casually. “Hey, how are things?

She’ll either respond or she won’t. If she doesn’t, time to swipe left.

Kenzi and GG2002 like this.
  11. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I would proceed with caution and skepticism. It’s likely she’s going to do what she did to you again. Most people on tinder, truly on most online dating but tinder specifically have a rotating list of people they see and they are ever adding members to it. So it’s like who is free tonight? Joe? Tom? Bob? No one? Let me get back on tinder. If someone takes a long time to text you there is usually a reason. Also people that bail on plans or make them last minute. Huge red flags. If someone is interested in you truly interested they make time not excuses. I work 60 hours a week but the guys I’m interested in I respond to trust me. Just go in with your eyes open. There is the rare individual for which this does not hold true and I hope she’s one.

Deleted Account and Hitto like this.
  12. SorryWontSayIt

Yeah, will try not to do the mistake again so I don't scare her away one more time.

It is a good point what you are making, and this kid totally agree with you! :) I am really happy rigth now since she already texted me back, and she would not stop this time :,) It is a lot better to be with her in person the texting, then I can do as you say and understand more. We are both busy people, so we have to figure out how to make it work with free time, because I understand that we will both have own lifes where we want to hang out with friends and eachother hopefully :)

Thanks for the tip and I can see your point. Hopefully she is a rare individual which does not want to hurt me and others! I have not known her for too long, but she do atleast seem to be a very nice person that does not want to hurt people.

Also we have not had sex yet, so I think (hope) she understand that I don't hang out with her just to try to have sex and she with me. We enjoy hanging out, atleast thats what it seems so far and I hope that is how it is.

13. SorryWontSayIt

Yeah it is great! :) Will ask her to hang out one last time now, and if she declines this time I won't ask her again. Then I will just move on and let her do the work if she ever want to hang out again. Won't wait on her more than that.

Thanks to all for great support, it really means a lot to a person like me where the dating scene is so new! :)

14. SorryWontSayIt

So we agreed to meet tomorrow again! :)

I told her I went on a hike alone, asked if she had been to work and she told me that she worked earlier that day and that she was free from work tomorrow.

So I told that I should have asked if she wanted to join, but I am going tomorrow again before I go to work and she can join if she wants.

So she accepted :)

Hope she is actually still intrested and not just accepting to be nice to me :,)
    -So not sure if I should kiss her when we meet or just hug her, since she have given me a bit mixed signals, but we ended date two with kissing.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  15. Sounds like your improving a lot in the dating game don't chase women if she is interested she will make it easy , Good Job on the improvment

Hitto and SorryWontSayIt like this.
  16. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Hug her first. Kiss later on the date if it feels natural. :)

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  17. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks went with your idea! :) Was on third date today, and it went super great. I think she wanted to be more in public then I suggested last time. She felt a lot more comfortable with me. I actually think she was a bit defencive towards me because she was afraid that I just wanted to hook up (since we met on tinder). I think she understand me better now :)

Ended the date with kissing, started the date with hugging :) A lot of hugging during the date, so I understood she felt strong towards me during the date :)

tweeby, Kenzi and GG2002 like this.
  18. PhattyPatato

PhattyPatato Fapstronaut

hey man how is it going? i kinda have the same prob but she is my ex ''girlfriend'' .... what is going on now?

19. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Great to hear you had a good third date! Congrats. : D

Kenzi and SorryWontSayIt like this.