1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I had a major breakdown unlike any in the past years

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Hold the Line, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Hold the Line

Hold the Line Fapstronaut

hello, back to the forum again, this is a vent post but tips and advice are most welcome.
    i've had some trouble with depression and anxiety about a decade back, still following me to some extent for there are certain problems i still don't know how to adress, i'm 23 now, i've never had a great mood, always felt grumpy, sad, somewhat hopeless, low self esteem, i played video games most of the time i was home.
    i have troubles with self esteem and patience, self discipline.
    I never had any kind of relationship, never had sex, never had a girlfriend, at 23.
    studying is hard for me and so is most of the ''boring'' and slow activities like reading.
    but through the years although i wasn't great, i have managed to somehow keep my sanity for the most of the time and am having a normal life, i have a job, i do chores, i drive and so on...
    but this month and the previous, march, had some of the most difficult days of my life, i have a problem with negetivity and over-thinking into big grumpiness.
    somewhat started to get sick of my job, didn't feel so good.
    However, at the same time period i got to know a girl from work, i thought she was really into me but i kept saying to myself that i don't want to get hurt all over again like past, unpleasant experiances with women, she kept texting me after work hours, having conversations, i tried not to go along with it, because i know it would get attached to her, so it kept on for a few weeks, and she got more and more ambitious, starting to give me teases and lines even at work that makes it hard to think she wasn't into me.
    Constantly seeks my attentions, keeps saying that i'm not giving her enough attention, that i'm too cold towards her, keeps mentioning to me that if i'm noticing she keeps texting me AFTER work hours?
    An actually attractive and smart female throwing herself at me? something off...
    I've been trying continuesly not to follow it and play this game.
    It even got to a level that im just sitting in my office, just drawing something for fun, she comes to the office, looks at my work, and she says that it's a nice drawing, but it would look even better if i dedicated it for her and put it in her office...
    eventually i decided i'm trying to open up and try to change my life-long, self-destructive habits, and that i'm going to start with girls.
    At this point, i was already very sure that she's really into me and just waiting for me to make a move...
    So couple days back, we started texting for quite a long time, maybe an hour.
    At some point she wrote: ''please don't tell me that you actually think that what's going on between us is something romantic, right?''
    You know the feeling that when your body enters the fight or flight mode? and you start seeing black in your eyes, and kind of shocked? that's what i felt.
    She says that she's sorry that i thought she's into me, and that she's nice to everyone, and that she thought we were just ''fooling around, like work buddies.''
    I still had a hard time believing that, but what other choice did i had?
    I got my heart toyed with, and i got into a very, very depressive and painful week.
    I felt so bad for myself and felt humiliated and toyed with, still not understanding what has caused her to act like this.
    I've been very closed and unloving to my brother and mother, for more than a decade, not showing any feeling to them, this time period and especially this specific even made me feel so bad, so sad, i just had to tell it to them and started crying, crying so much, i cried about 4 times that evening.
    I had a breakdown, i've been very sensitive for a long time, i see it as my wake up call, and i have full trust in my ability to get out of the pit i got myself into.
    Thanks for reading if you made it this far, i could never actually read the ladies well, i would love some insights about what you think about the things i've just said.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  2. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

She was acting weird. And it is good that you cried, tat really takes the suffocated pain away.

You said that you are depressed and unmotivated and that you play a lot of video games. The reason for it is that you play a lot of video games. Get out of that virtual world in to the real one man. It might be tough at first but it is the only option.

Hold the Line likes this.
  3. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

Learn to be less sensitive towards this kind of rejection! I know it's tough I've been there. Girls sometimes say things just to see how you'll react for fun. Try to start being more grateful and feeling more gratitude for the small things. Gratitude is the root of happiness. Be grateful she told you so bluntly and that you don't have to keeping seeing the situation different from what it is.

Hold the Line and onceaking like this.
  4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

That must have been tough. My personal rule is don't get involved with people you work with.

Hold the Line likes this.

5. To me she seemed to be a Toxic Vampire. I've dealt with the same exact situation at my retail job and it sucks my dude. From what your telling me it seems like she is toying with you. To be honest if I got the same exact text message right then and there I would be broken. Instantly I would cut communications off and protect my own self, you should as well.

In 2018 a woman at working was doing the same exact things even coming to see me when she's off. I eventually realized and talked to other co worker's about her and they have said she talks allot about people behind their backs, that's when I knew she wasn't right. She also acknowledged she had anxiety issues. Not sure how bad but she completely rejected a date offer I proposed.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  6. astronautfrompompei

astronautfrompompei Fapstronaut

man, sorry to say but she sounds like a psychopath and/or severe narcissist

pretty much she used the fact that she has better emotional and social skills than you (at this point), and lead you on only to have her sense of self inflated and tickled positively. Potentially even enjoying later rejecting yourself, as it made her feel powerful and good about herself. This says 100% things about her (being pathologically messed up, going to such deliberate extent) rather than you... not all people are like that, but some of them are, and you NEED to better be able to read and understand them over time. Try google 'the dark triad', MACH psychological tests, etc. I learn some of this stuff from Tai Lopez by the way (e.g. this https://twitter.com/tailopez/status/1082321468359393280?lang=en-GB)

please understand that this incident doesn't say anything about you or your worth. It's like being rejected by Hitler: given the nature of subject rejecting your, it doesn't really have any weight.

However, this is a wake up call that your social skills are very poor. Not to worry, this is not like IQ as if it can't be changed. This is actually fluid, and I would make it your next 1-2 years mission to turn this area of your life around. If you succeed, your life quality will be unrecognisably better. Make this your next huge goal.