1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I love my father so much, His time is limited... [Terminal Cancer]

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mr.Tony, Nov 28, 2020.

1. I feel lost, my father was fine last year. He was pretty fine last year in the same date.

He helped me a lot, half of my personality belong to him, he was everything i ever loved. he inspired me a lot. there was a steong bond between us, especialy after hitting the Master Degree, I remember him being so proud of me.

Last May he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, the same cancer that took of my mother ten years ago.
    I feel hopeless, He was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Grade 4 - Brain Cancer. He done surgery and radiotherapy and chemotherapy. He fought with everything he had.

Sadly, now he lost his speaking ability... it hurt writing about this.

I had a fever for like 4 days ago, i couldn't see him. for his safety. he has no immune system - Chemotherapy destroyed it all.

Now i really don't know what exactly should i do, and what would you guys do ?

I still have his pictures, there was a strong bond between us. a strong Father and Son relationship and friendship.

What would you do if you were me ?

It hurts seeing him that way, I'm afraid i'll be all alone in life no family on your back, you mother is dead and your father has a terminal disease. It really turned my life upside down.

Roady and palindromo like this.
  2. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Damn thats very harsh i dont know what to say ....

Use all the strenght you got to improve in life and honor your father and mother memory

God bless you

Mr.Tony and Roady like this.
  3. Thank you my friends, I appreciated every word of yours.
    Thank you my friends.

Roady and PanteriMauzer like this.
  4. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

I feel sorry for your family about the cancer your father have. I lost my father one year ago because of lung-cancer at the final stadium. And Chemotherapy made it more worse than before (he became weaker and didn't want to eat and drink anymore, slept more than usually etc.). I couldn't see him often because of studies I have to do in another city far away from him. Every weekend I was glad, that I could visit him seeing that he is fine. The last time I've seen him when I wrote the last two exams. After that I wanted to visit him during semester breaks more often but he died when I wrote my last exam.
    So I know how you feel, I made similar experiences, I know that pain when you know your father or another familymember has a horrible illness.

My recommendations: because you have a great connection to your father, spend as much time as you have with him, as long he is alive! Most of all, if you know, there is less or no hope for him getting recovered from cancer.
    And later: look if you can find another activity that brings you into another mood. For example: I started to make gym since July 2020 and now I can handle with that situation. I still miss my father and all other beloved people and pets I've lost during my life. Another friend of mine lost her husband and she started reading books (fantasy, science fiction, horror, natural sciences etc.). What I want to say is, it can be anything that can bring you into another mood so you can handle the situation and lost. This is the best option you can do, if something bad happens in your family, which can throw down or could even destroy you mentally.
    But first of all: spend enough time with your father, as long as he is on your side!

PS: Long comment, but I hope you get the message I want to tell you ;) I wish you and your father the best!

Roady likes this.