1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by jo_nthnx, Jun 26, 2019.

1. jo_nthnx

jo_nthnx Fapstronaut

I started nofap on last summer and have always failed horribly ever since, longest I could do was 27 days. Last wednesday I relapsed and I PMOd "just for one last time". Of course it wasn't going to be the last fucking time but somehow my addicted self fell for it. On friday I almost relapsed, only seeing myself naked in the shower was enough to get me horny as fuck and I almost couldnt shower. I jerked off a little bit but no O. Then on the weekend I went out with family so I didnt have any problems , but today I think I will be alone for some like two hours and I am waiting so bad, I wanna touch myself so bad, I've been thinking about it all morning. I think I will relapse and I know it will happen, I have been like this for months. I am addicted to this shit I need serious help. The worst is that if I masturbate again I know it will end up horribly, just like last time. I don't know what to do guys I need help. I have been praying but somehow I feel that my addiction has taken away my faith.

2. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

Look your thoughts are reciprocated by many many people on these boards. You are not the only one that feels this way. My recommendation is to find a hobby. Do something. Go for a run write draw do anything that can realign those dopamine receptors. Stay away from sugar and stay away from video games and drugs. You can fight this man. Think of a happy place or create a new one the next time you think of pmo.

3. DayOne44

DayOne44 Fapstronaut

This is a large part of your answer.

You know that after masturbating, you will feel horrible.

You do not want to feel horrible.

Focus on this one statement, which you've made.

Do nothing other than that.

You say that you are alone now for a while.

Isolation is a danger zone.

That is for obvious reasons.

I recommend that you get out of the house and not be alone.

Go to the mall, a coffee shop, the library--anywhere.

You will not PMO in those places :p.

Then, when your family gets back, it will be safe to return home.

4. jo_nthnx

jo_nthnx Fapstronaut

Dude thank God my uncle did not work today and dude we're having the best time, I just need to keep myself busy. I still have this in the back of my mind but I am happy now. About my quote DUDE that is the most frustrating thing. That I KNOW it will be bad yet i still FUCK UP. I need to be stronger, may Jesus give me strength

DayOne44 likes this.
  5. He will! I highly recommend finding an AP or three on this site and start checking in with them every day. There is strength in community that you do not have within yourself. And there is strength in Christ for all things.

jo_nthnx likes this.
  6. jo_nthnx

jo_nthnx Fapstronaut

Dude tomorrow I will be home alone pray for me y'all

7. Reach out for support. We will be here.

jo_nthnx likes this.
  8. jo_nthnx

jo_nthnx Fapstronaut

Shit I just showered and almost fucked up. Still standing strong though.

9. jo_nthnx

jo_nthnx Fapstronaut

Dude I feel terrible and I've been wondering, can I just apply my knowledge and prevent that shit from happening again? Because, if I can't, then it means I should just have to fuck up again, and terribly this time, in order to wake up and realize this shit is wrong. Somehow I've been blinded my my addiction right now and I just can't see any further, I just feel like there is no hope for me now.

10. jo_nthnx

jo_nthnx Fapstronaut

I know it's not true but that's what it feels like

11. Feelings lie all the time. Do not go by them to make decisions.

You know that PMO is nothing but destruction at the end of it. It feels great for a moment, but leads to a vast emptiness that will swallow you whole. Do not go back to that. Stand firm on the solid ground of what you know to be true and what you most truly desire: To get free of PMO you must abstain from P and from MO.

I am cheering you on!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    jo_nthnx likes this.
  12. DayOne44

DayOne44 Fapstronaut

This describes it so very well!

jo_nthnx likes this.