1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I QUIT MY JOB

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by STAR DUST, Jul 9, 2018.

1. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

I thought I had found my dream job, but I was wrong.

I found a job in my chosen field of study. (psychology)

I thought it would be awesome. Come to find out it was lacking in security, stability, and security.

I was a little bumbed out because I studied and went to school for five years, and I thought this would be the one, but unfortunately I was wrong.

I just want to use my gift to help other people.

TopBoys_Frontline likes this.
  2. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

sorry to hear that........same problem lost my job...looking for new job ..i m hoping, i will get another job soon

STAR DUST likes this.
  3. Me too. It's like a jungle out there.

STAR DUST likes this.
  4. Ambrose Grant

Ambrose Grant Fapstronaut

I don't like my current job either, but it pays well and it is easy, I am going to find smth better after New Year)

STAR DUST likes this.
  5. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Fapstronaut

Do people ever like their jobs? As one of my co-workers likes to say... 'you're not suppose to like your job' so true :D

6. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

There should be security support stability and structure and I disagree you should love what you do.

7. I agree you should love your job, maybe not like you would love your spouse but love as in I get enjoyment out of my work even though it is hard work at times, we only live once does not mean we wont have to do things that we don't want to do though. On topic sorry to hear how you are feeling with your choice of career, but fear not the knowledge is still there you may find the right place for you if its in psychology or hunting goblins does not matter, as long as you enjoy it is some way, also its never too late to change your life, to anyone who reads this if you are stuck in a job you hate know its never to late no matter how old you are, you can do it if you set your mind to it. My sister started studying to become an architect at 40+ and now she is working as one and shes happy.

So don't give up on our dreams, might feel like we waste time if we want to change our profession but working and being miserable for the rest of our lives is more of a waste then anything.

8. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

THANKS FOR SPEAKING LIFE INTO MY SIYUATION

9. FOLLOW your passion. I quit my job in 2015 as I was approaching 30 stuck in.a Paralegal role and didn't know who I was or what I wanted. I started working in ESL in Asia and have never looked back. Bite the bullet and go for it, otherwise you will never know.

Nugget9 and STAR DUST like this.
  10. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

Congrats I’ll see you on the other side!

11. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I also hate my job and am looking for a new one. But I'm beginning to think that all jobs suck. I would like to have a sucky job that paid me a bit more money though.

STAR DUST likes this.
  12. I love my job. I work on airplanes. Been working on them my whole career. (18yo up until now - 50yo).

13. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Fapstronaut

Now that is dedication. Nice.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

What do you do? because at the airport yesterday thought came to me that I would love working on airplanes

15. I studied Psychology as well, but thankfully I realized the career path wasn't for me before I pursued my masters and PhD. So much time and money would have been wasted.

I still absolutely LOVE the subject and study of psychology, and I, too, want to help people, but I've realized that for me, it's probably not going to be a career. I clean houses for a living, which gives me tons of time to daydream about stories I want to write, and then I go home and write them. Writing is another passion of mine, and it can blend very well with psychology. It can also help people in a lot of ways, too.

Perhaps there is another creative way you will be able to help people and enjoy your passion for psychology without pursuing it as a career. :) I'm very happy with the balance I've found.

TopBoys_Frontline likes this.
  16. I hope you use your gift to help someone out, I quit my warehouse job aboiut 2 years ago and I'm only into temp work right now. I've recently developed back problems and it seems to limit jobs greatly.

STAR DUST likes this.
  17. Very bad industry heh? At least it wasn't women studies :D

18. I GOT FIRED FROM MY DREAM JOB BECAUSE I WAS "DRINKING EXCESSIVELY ON SHIFT" which is bullshit I only drank 3/4ths of a bottle of vodka that night and I only tried to kill my taxi driver so shut up GOD damn

xoxo

19. (YOU WILL BE FInE I BELIEVE IN YOU <3 )

STAR DUST likes this.
  20. xoxo