1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I saw this girl and my mind started racing.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Eric'sBlue, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

There's this girl I'm "friends" with. We are kind of checking each other out I think. She is mid eastern. For some reason today, when we were out walking on a trail. My mind started to race and think about certain things. It was like - I thought/perceived that she was different......I just felt like how do I act, what do I say. Then I started doing this really weird thing, it was like I was analyzing her culture and mine....and my mind started to trip out. I started to have all these panic thoughts, anxious thoughts.
    I ended up getting the thought somehow that "Americans are generally self-centered, focused....and that she'd notice this about me", or perhaps I was being this way. But maybe this was just a thought I just thought? It's so weird to tell reality from what my mind just puts in there. I started to panic about it..and was conscious about it the whole time. I get really confused with too much thoughts and information. I feel like I'm in a vacuum - with my thoughts. It is the strangest, most uncomfortable feeling. It's like I have tunnel vision, and I can only see that one thought that I'm thinking. I'm so anxious during that. What's this mean/ is it normal?

......I don't know... why does this happen to me? then I started to race about all sorts of different things. Like getting depressed and down about theU.S.wanting to leave, I didn't want to sound negative to her, it was really confusing and hard to handle. Then I started to get anxious she was noticing me quiet. Then my mind raced about a million other things. Why does this happen?
    Is it normal? Is there something wrong with me...?

Everytime I think about the wanting to leave here, it shreds me up inside - literally. I get so damn depressed, that's one thing that really tears me up inside. It makes me so upset inside I can't stand it, so miserable.
    I can have myself so convinced I just want to leave - that it would be better elsewhere.
    But, this feeling passes....

I'm not sure what it means.
    Anyways, just sharing.
    Maybe I should move? or, go to a psychiatrist? I don't know ...sometimes I feel like I"m not normal. I spaz, I have quirks and am agitative and hyperactive. It gets worse when I am anxious. Mirrors really get me. I don't know why it's the strangest thing.

2. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

Sometimes, it is hard to handle all of my competing thoughts/feelings that house inside me. I feel my mind spirals in a million directions.... it's terrifying. It's like I begin to lose the ability to think clearly. ...it's just junk after junk thoughts in my head, coming up. I also get like I feel like I have to detail and explain everything when I'm like this, like as if I'll miss something. I get narrow focused. What the hell? Sometimes I just feel that I can't handle life - that I go to pieces. I know this sounds bad, but I'm being honest, it's terrifying. Sometimes I feel that...I literally can't handle it - that I'm splitting into a million different directions. .. for no reason. I know it's just a feeling but its terrifying, and it affects my decisions/judgement.

What is wrong with me? Sometimes I feel I can't make decisions. ...that I'm too skewed or in the zone that's weird or, not right - to make decisions, which terrifies me further.

3. Hey friend! First of all, there's nothing wrong with you. You are who you are, and that's just that. But I think seeing a therapist may be a great thing for you. They can be so very helpful, as they have much more insight and wisdom than we do. They also have medication that can help immensely for a lot of the things you're describing -- anxiety, depression, hyperactive behavior -- if you're open to the idea of medication. None of these things are "wrong" or say anything bad about you, as a man, but they are things that can be a hinderence in your life that you may want to take care of in order to have a happier life.

One positive thing about the way our society is going (one in the midst of a sea of negatives) is that therapy is no longer such a taboo thing! There's absolutely no shame in it, and many people are starting to see that, which can make it easier to take that leap. Therapists are great and they would love to help you however they can. It's what they live for.

Anyway, therapy or not, I hope and pray you find some peace of mind tonight.

4. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or all "fancy pants psych student" here, but honestly, the things you're talking about here don't seem unsusual to me at all, having been a student of psychology. In reading this second post, I really think talking to a doctor of psychology would be really beneficial for you. As a student, I don't have answers and can't really "define" any of these feelings for you because I just don't have that much knowledge, but I have enough knowledge of the field to tell you that I'm fairly certain a doctor would be able to clarify these problems you're having in a clear way that will help you to understand what's going on in your mind. The human brain is an insanely vast and complicated thing! It's not surprising that these feelings are confusing and frustrating for you, but I think in expert in the field would be able to shed a lot of light on things.

5. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

Thank you for your responses. Yesterday was a rough day. There was no doubt about it, I didn't get enough sleep the night before, and that was a contributor.
    First, there are things I need to discuss which I didn't to begin. I think with this girl, there are elements involved which complicate me and throw me off balance. I guess, in a way - I wanted to go after her because she was exotic, and feminine, to me. I thought that I have this thing for middle eastern girls; because I used to live there, and enjoyed it, and I remembered how nice they were to me, there.
    But I'm running a danger of ignorance in my thinking. I'm putting her up on a pedestal in my mind, of what I think she is. It's actually my fantasy that I have, and it's not her. I think I'm thrown off balance because, in this case I'm laying myself low to try to ....understand her culture, and be generous, accepting, etc. This throws me off balance - because then I end up treating her differently, than I would other girls, and then I'm not sure what's right and wrong. It's like I go out of my way more; and I may not see her lack of care about me....or her just using me, and not realize it; because I'll think - well oh, that's just their culture over there. So I don't know how to judge what's right and not, my paradigm of fair/unfair has been momentarily suspended, putting me in a sort of danger. I can feel it.

I thought I did, but I don't really like this girl anymore. Firstly, I don't find her that physically attractive, I thought that maybe I did in the beginning. But I don't. I like her kind, feminine nature...that's what I was really attracted to. And it seems she's adopted or adopting a "western girl" attitude, which really depressed hell out of me, and set my sails down.
    Anyway, I'm not sure this is worth pursuing. She also shows what seems to me, to be, a surprising lack of care or concern for my well-being or of my feelings. It seems to be all about her, and what she wants and needs - which really tbh started to piss me off. She shows no concern for what I want or willing to meet me half-way. It's all about "me forming around her, the gentle princess. I must not touch....until she's ready." It's like I'm a dog just waiting for my treat. This really aggravated me. I wanted to take her out last night for New Years. She agreed she had wanted to go dancing. So I called and texted her all night, showing pictures of the place with lights, and just told her that "she'd have a good time!" ....I was really gracious and nice about it. I heard nothing. She just ignored me. I think I'm over this one girl. I hate being used.

*On a sidenote - when I'm under duress or extreme stress, which is transient - that is the time for me to experience all of these weird mental states I talk about. Sometimes, I'll really argue or fight my thoughts, when in an extreme intense state, which of course makes them fester around in a cycle in my brain. ...I've figured out that I need to cool it, treat myself with tlc and not try to fight my thoughts, that this way they will just pass through. ..I understand that I'm adopting a new paradigm "for me", which includes spiritual principles and gentleness, acceptance, etc,. instead of the old way I used to learn to handle my emotions and thoughts, and how I used to handle everything; which is terrible in retrospect. ..What I mean is, I used my fathers' style of militarism, that's how he raised us up to be: stern/ rigid/ controlling...power, "straight lines", to get things done. This was indeed how my father operated, and it did cause him many problems, much, much pain. But he insisted, he was military, a Colonel, and so we had no choice....really, in a lot of ways. Looking back, this style has probably done more to ruin me and sabotage my interests, relationships and life - than any other singular thing.
    Anyway, so I'm doing away with all of that now. I'm much relieved for it, too. It's wonderfully amazing, to just watch everything melt and fade away. It was so easy...that I didn't get it, before. O well. Life's that way. ..I feel myself changing. I particularly gain a lot from the gospel of Thomas (gnostic) of the sayings of Jesus, in the dead sea scrolls. But I've been reading Taoism, as well.

Anyways, thanks for reading and your responses,
    Happy new year!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016