1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I think if i meditate twice a day, it can really help me to not relapse

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 13, 2018.

1. If i do one with binaural beats every time i wake up, to boost dopamine, endorphins, and seratonin, and if i do a second one towards the early evening that is a guided meditation, it would really help me to counter urges.

watertrine likes this.
  2. LilD

LilD Fapstronaut

In my experience, those "binaural beats" are a big lie. I mean, of course, the sound effect is there, but its "effects" are merely self-suggestion and placebo.

Guided meditations are fine, but it's just a way to concentrate better. It works for me, I use it sometimes.

Does it help me to counter my urges? Well, maybe a bit, but not noticeably.

3. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I have tried binaural beats, but quiet meditation works best. I have been going for longer periods and it certainly helps.

Clean Plate and Deleted Account like this.
  4. They're not a lie, trust me. I've tried them before, many times, and they do indeed work

5. LilD

LilD Fapstronaut

RKO City, dude, this doesn't work like that. I tried them too and got nothing, so how is your opinion more significant than mine? Have you registered any of those effects with some kind of devices? If not, it may be what I said: self-suggestion and placebo. I only accept scientific facts, so I don't trust you, sorry.

6. I need to see proof. Because when i have tried binaural beats for the pineal gland, while meditating, i would feel pulsations and stimulation between the area of my eyebrows and my forehead after doing it for a few days. Binaural beats obviously don't work in one day. And show me scientific proof that it doesn't work, because i don't believe you either. Don't take my word for it, but just prove it to me

7. LilD

LilD Fapstronaut

8. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut

I personally find the sounds of quietness to be painful. Sounds of nature are best.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut

The owl and cricket chirping of the night and the bird chirping of the day, with both of the former/latter having the swaying of the grass and trees and the running of the river in common.

10. tiredofbeingtired

tiredofbeingtired Fapstronaut

I think you're doing it a disservice by reducing it to that description. Meditation is so much more than that. Aside from the proven ways it literally changes your brain and promotes greater patience, empathy, emotion regulation, etc. the shift in perspective it brings is huge.

With respect to NoFap the concept of Urge Surfing in particular is so helpful. I'll leave this guided urge surfing meditation for anyone who could use it: http://depts.washington.edu/abrc/mbrp/recordings/Urge Surfing.mp3

Edit: Just to clarify I'm talking about mindfulness meditation (guided or otherwise) not binaural beats.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. watertrine

watertrine Fapstronaut

meditation helps immensly, and calming music and guided meditation audios are a really good way to open that gateway into stillness. I realized its only when my mind is at unrest when I go to addiction mode. Feeling at peace and reaching for instant gratification almost cant simulatenously exist.

12. watertrine

watertrine Fapstronaut

And to the racket about binaural beats I say whatever you find relaxes you, do it. It doesnt have to be scientifically proven if its what works for you as an individual.

13. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I agree with above, whatever works. I may even try some binaurals or guided meditations again, but the quietness "forces" me to deal with random thoughts and go back to the breath. Just grateful for meditation anyway!

watertrine and Deleted Account like this.