1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm done trying to actively search for someone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheLoneWolf88, Oct 18, 2021.

1. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Turn your computer off and get outside. Join a club or a sport. You say your giving up but if all you have done is talk to people online than you havent even started. Shut off your computer and start living your life. Its a wonderful world out there filled with women who want to meet men.

2. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with being a virgin. I'm in same boat. Had some offers for sex or know that I could have been successful, but in the end saving yourself for your significant other is a worthwhile pursuit. And will attract the kind of girls you want to attract. You don't want to attract sluts, amiright? I mean...I don't broadcast that I'm a virgin. But I agree that it is a badge of honor. Don't concede to asinine ideals.

3. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

I probably shouldn't post when slightly inebriated, but holy fuck. The red pill theory I feel just sets you up for failure (opinion of course). Maybe because I have 3 older sisters. No girl wants to be treated like shit by some hypermasculine male. It may be a turn on for the first short while, but it does not breed long term success. They want someone who tries to understand them and cater to their needs--just like every male, or every human, wants. It's not rocket science. But I've never been in an extremely long relationship, so I have no room to talk. But that may be due to the fact that I feel like I would be successful in whatever relationship I have. To quote The Departed "If we're not gonna make it, it's gotta be you that gets out, cause I'm not capable. I'm fucking Irish, I'll deal with something being wrong for the rest of my life."
    Everyone wants to be served, everyone wants to be king/queen. If you treat a woman like she's worth being pursued, she will likely respond. Whether she meets the standard you want or not, or you meet hers, is yet to be determined.

4. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

I don't broadcast my status either. I've only told 3 or 4 people in my life. I know I would get ridiculed if I announced it more. When my male coworkers start talking about their sex life, I just stay quiet

HitB likes this.
  5. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

Been there and done that. Though I've been vocal about it a handful of times. People usually respect it more than shame it, in my experience. Because it takes a level of self control that is not found in most dudes. But yeah, I don't know your friend group. If they would ridicule you, I wouldn't volunteer the information. But then they may not be real friends, y'know? And who cares what they think? Eventually you have to be okay with and accept yourself as a person and how you stack up to your own personal ideals. If you can't do that, it's going to be a rough road ahead. Meet your own standards, not someone else's. Just my two cents, for what they're worth. And to be honest, it did bother me for a long time. But as I strive to meet my own standards, my self esteem has improved. And I care less what other people think. And I'm proud of myself for not compromising, because I know I would have regretted it later.

6. TheLoneWolf88

There is one coworker whom I won't say it to since he is way too amused. He will just laugh his ass off

7. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

Yeah, be smart in who you confide in. Protect yourself if you don't have the thick skin to take the assault. I probably wouldn't depending on the circumstances. If it was just him, maybe. Because some of that is insecurity on his part. He gets his esteem from being promiscuous. Others get their esteem from more worthwhile pursuits.

8. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

They just don't feel attracted to me :( Thank you for your compliment and many man don't understand either why women reject me, but women sure know themselves they don't want nothing with me to have.

I am 1.73/5'8. I am a gardener and I love my job. Thanks for the uplifting words. But after so many rejections online and in real life I am now very pessimistic and tired to even try anymore, at least for the moment because the pain of loneliness sometimes gets too much and then I still approach again. But sometimes I wish I was just dead.

9. TheLoneWolf88

I have had the worst luck with online dating in the last 10 years. Anyone who I do land are a bit crazy. Others that I attempt to talk to just completely ignore me or ghost me. They complain that they can't find good guys anymore, but when one comes around, they shut them down.

Ghost79 likes this.
  10. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

Exactly my experience as well. I think its because women are adored and chased these days everywhere by simps.