1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm no good at just being friends with girls

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Jw9896, Dec 16, 2017.

1. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

I've become really good at it and not by choice. Best piece of advice I can give you is to not put yourself in romantic type situations where the line between being just platonic friends or something more gets blurred. You also have to remember that there are certain things that platonic men and women cannot talk about, especially if one or the other or both are married. Those boundaries must be understood and respected. If you're a single guy and the woman is married, it's extremely difficult and something that may seem completely innocent to you may be taken the wrong way by a jealous husband. I speak from experience. I lost a really good friendship with a woman that I had absolutely no romantic interest in because someone started a rumor about us and it got back around to her husband who then got extremely jealous and demanded that we stop being friends. That means we couldn't text or even be Facebook friends anymore. It really sucked because we did have a lot in common and she was a good friend to just talk to about my schooling or sports or whatever.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

Having women friends can be very helpful in a wide varieties of life, but especially dating. They can help you figure out how to read another woman's interest and interactions and help you figure out what you should do in particular situations.

Deleted Account likes this.