I'm pleased to see the 50 Shades film trilogy has become panned and came to an end

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 8, 2018.

1. todaysresolution

todaysresolution Fapstronaut

2. I don't think you can say it panned because it's number 1 in many countries - even though it's made less money the previous 50 Shades films. Also I've heard talk of there being a prequel.

Apparently by the end of the story she leaves Mr Grey.

Yeah, the writing is so bad. I've read extracts and it's like the author couldn't be bothered to write properly, didn't know how to write or was drunk every time she wrote. :emoji_laughing:
    Apparently there was a rewrite of the script by the author, since the screenwriter had removed all of her terrible dialogue. :emoji_laughing:

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  3. yaaarp

yaaarp Fapstronaut

The author hated the director of the first film as she felt it deviated too far from her books. That was the one that scored the highest on Rotten Tomatoes.

This tells you everything you need to know about the books. That and the fact that they started off as Twilight erotic fan-fiction...

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Yeah, it's truly terrible... I figured at least the erotic parts would be good, because there has to be some reason people like it so much. But nope. Those parts suck too. It's not even good at what it's supposed to be. Like not that I'm condoning erotica, because I wish it didn't exist, but I'm a writer, and therefore I understand what makes good erotic fiction, what makes the reader feel the right kind of feelings at the right times, how to capitalize on the anticipation and build up, etc, and she doesn't even do that right. She makes all kinds of classic rookie mistakes that beginning writers make.

5. GeneralismoKilgore

GeneralismoKilgore Fapstronaut

Oh cool, I write as well. What do you write CassTeaElle?

The writing was awful, like really. And just because the books are erotica doesn't mean that it had to be so explicit without any sort of actual building of tension for me. It just came off as boring, one sided, and completely generic.
    The woman character, can't even remember the name struck me as wholly unremarkable personality wise. Not a good heroine for a story.

6. Unfortunately her name is Anastasia, which is what I wanted to name my daughter if I ever have one :(

And I write mostly romance, I suppose. My first novel was about a criminal psychologist who had a sort of complicated relationship with a murderer who regrets his past. She helps him to find redemption and become a better person, falling in love along the way. And I'm currently working on a sequel to that novel, about his life post-incarceration.