1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

INHERIT THE EARTH

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

The meed shall inherit the earth. God gives and He takes away. A meek person accepts His dealing with us as good. Meekness is not occupied with self at all, but with what can benefit others. Meekness is an understanding of what we can do without God. Meekness is humbly trying to do something for God and hoping and believing that He will be with it. It's my job to write this article, but without God's involvement, it won't accomplish much.

Titus 3 teaches meekness

The meek are those who quietly submit themselves to God, to his word, and to his rod,

Pray: “Father, help me to submit to Your Word and Your correction.

Who follow his directions, and comply with his designs, and are gentle towards all men (Titus 3:2); who can show their displeasure when there is occasion for it, without being transported into any indecencies; who can be cool when others are hot; and in their patience keep possession of their own souls, when they can scarcely keep possession of anything else. They are the meek, who are rarely and hardly provoked, but quickly and easily pacified; and who would rather forgive twenty injuries than revenge one, having the rule of their own spirits.

Pray: Father, give me rule over my spirits.

These meek ones are here represented as happy, even in this world. They are blessed, for they are like the blessed God himself, who is Lord of his anger, and in whole fury is not. They are blessed, for they have the most comfortable, undisturbed enjoyment of themselves, their friends, their God; they are fit for any relation, and condition, any company; fit to live, and fit to die.”

Only the meek will use the Word to correct themselves. Only the meek will inherit the earth.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  2. @timcia I want to ask you again -- Is this your own writing or are you quoting from a source?

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

My own writing. Italics are from Titus.