1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Inspiring stuff

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by 2+2is4, Jan 17, 2018.

1. 2+2is4

2+2is4 Fapstronaut

Hi boys and girls,

I'm suffering with depression, social anxiety and a low self confidence a lot. I'm on a 5 day nofap streak now (my record were 6 days), my self confidence is way better now and I will continue this the best I can. But now to the question itself:

I'm a ton of time on YouTube at the moment and trying to watch everything inspiring and self improving stuff I can find.

At the moment I'm watching a lot to the topic law of attraction and law of vibration. I want to try to clean my brain up because I have very negative thoughts etc what is triggering my depression more and more.

I'm watching also videos like this:

My question is: do somebody has some good advice what is a must watch? Do you know videos or maybe guides or something which can help people to change their way of thinking?

I hope somebody knows some good stuff :)

Thank you very much.

2. PaleAle76

PaleAle76 Fapstronaut

Have you considered unplugging from the net for a while? Perhaps getting a book or two on the subject rather than looking on YouTube? I think finding other hobbies and activities is going to be crucial for success... my only point in mentioning unplugging is that I know I’ve heard from lots of sources that too much screen time in and of itself can cause depression.

r8js, ThomasV and 2+2is4 like this.
  3. PaleAle76

PaleAle76 Fapstronaut

Speaking from personal experience, I’ve found that simply being at my computer can be a trigger

4. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

Here's a couple:

Don't get triggered by Christine, listen to what she has to say. Also, don't take Jim too seriously. He is a total douche, but there are elements of truth in what he says, such as "Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much."

"What I learned from my father, is the you can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love."

Anything by Alan Watts is gold. Ekhart Tolle is also the man if you are in the mood for a bit of a reset.

Music is the greatest therapy for depression. You have to move right through the centre of all emotions, there's no getting around them. Creativity is right up there also. Doing difficult things like cool showers and exercise helps build confidence and helps heaps with anxiety also.

2+2is4 and r8js like this.
  5. Yes indeed try to get outside of the house. Go for a walk, meetup with some new people, follow some workshops. If you are too much inside you spend too much time with yourself. Spending time with yourself is great, when you do it without distraction or to work towards you goals. But you need to find the balance

PaleAle76, 2+2is4 and r8js like this.