Internet help

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. I am currently in a situation when I have a week left til I start studying, and I don't have any work scheduled so I will have a lot of time on my hands this week.

So this will be a dangerous week. I want to fill each day with things that matter. I train, read the bible and pray. But that's about it. I struggle with having something to do now that I won't be working for a week. And I don't want to turn to increased computer use.

What do you do when you have lots of time? And maybe you also feel groggy from sleep problems, reducing your motivation.

WilliamJ.F. likes this.
  2. What sort of activities bring you life? What are you interested in? Cultivating a healthy, productive, positive hobby is a great thing, I think. One summer, I learned to do computer programming in a new computer language I was interested in. There are many examples.

SwedishViking likes this.
  3. I like to play guitar, which I currently spend time with. Despite this there is still a lot of time left over. But its only a week left, then it won't be a problem

WilliamJ.F. likes this.
  4. That's just one hobby. I think it is no bad thing to have *dozens* of them. :) Life is endlessly fascinating. Find some other things to get absorbed in!

CPilot and value like this.
  5. I played video games offline on my Nintendo Switch, when I don't want to be on my computer.

6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

@TaoJones, always such an inspiration! I have numerous hobbies and there are times I think I am hedonistic for having so many interests. I appreciate this bit of encouragement! As you say, life is endlessly fascinating and I have many hobbies/projects that are calling me. No time to dwell on ugly things, too many great things I can focus on instead.

SwedishViking, value and Tao Jones like this.
  7. And in every pastime an opportunity to learn new ways to "love one another." It is indeed the abundant life!

SwedishViking and value like this.
  8. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

It is interesting to me how much I enjoy creating things. I wonder if most of us feel that way? In my case, it might a new cabinet, a helpful device, a scrumptious meal or a small gift for a child. There is a huge sense of accomplishment that feeds a human's need to feel valuable in making something beautiful, useful or that is enjoyed by others. I also have hobbies which are just plain fun but the joy from them is more fleeting unless I am creating a positive memory with someone else. Creating something lasting that others use or enjoy gives me greater pleasure than just fun.

9. We are all made in God's image. He is the Creator, and we are all, each in our own way, sub-creators. I think the joy of making is universal to the human experience.

10. Thanks for the advice guys. Finding more hobbies it is then :)

value likes this.