1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Interrupted sleep no matter the time I sleep

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by EthosLogosPathos, Sep 5, 2022.

1. EthosLogosPathos

EthosLogosPathos Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,
    I have a problem with my sleeping. I've found that no matter the time at which I go to bed, I'd usually wake up in the middle of the night (Usually I'd wake up at 2-3 AM). I've come up with a few reasons for this problem:
    1. My constant relapses in the past few days: I broke my 16-day streak last Thursday (during the streak, I felt amazing...save for the massive fever I had during days 1-3), and due to the chaser effect and many other causes, my streaks have been short - usually from the 1 - 3-day range. I'm still trying to get back on track.
    2. The house I'm living in is very tilted (you can feel it immediately when you step inside): It leans Eastward, and when I sleep in my usual position, my head is positioned such that blood would naturally flow more to my frontal cortex, and I'd have either strange or sweet dreams or horrible nightmares at night, which would 100% wake me up.
    3. My parents' talking in the middle of the night: To save power, my parents and I sleep in the same room. Since the room is very small, and their hearing is not very good anymore, plus they wear in-ear earbuds on full blast, whenever they speak, they sound like they carried megaphones with them.
    4. My diet: Mom and Dad buy lots of sweets and treats every once in a while, and I just can't help myself. After dinner or before bed, I'd have one or two chocolate whoopers whenever they're available (whoopies? I forgot what they're called).
    Which one of these do you think is the most likely reason for my sleeping problems?

2. 3>4>1>2

I think you got to have a conversation with your parents about respecting sleep time, if they must talk while you're sleeping they should be whispering. I feel you about the sweets, if I know it's in my house I have to get at it. If your parents insist on buying that crap, ask them to hide it from you.

3. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Jesus, all that shit is making you not sleep.
    Can you not sleep in your own bed? you need a quiet place to sleep. Get earplugs—they help. Dollar Tree sells them.

use wood, books, whatever to level your bed.

Sweets shouldn’t hurt if you eat them in moderation. Try to stop eating 2 hours before bed time.

and relapses screw with your sleep big time.

EthosLogosPathos likes this.
  4. EthosLogosPathos

EthosLogosPathos Fapstronaut

The only "bed" to speak of here is the cheap mattress that my parents bought me, and their room is the only place I know that will save me from the nasty rainwater leaks in the middle of the night when monsoon season hits.
    About the earplugs thing... right. I think I'm buying them tomorrow.
    Thank you for your advice.

5. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Well, short of patching the roof it sounds like you’re stuck with the parents.