1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it normal to lose 5kg in less than a week ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Upwards2020, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

Ok so I was 96.7 kg when I decided to lose some weight .

I went for 1 heavy going run and another a walk . 12 miles through elevated forest terrain . The run was good going elevations very extremely steep with uneven stone paths most of the way . I came back the following day and just walked it . One week later Iver dropped a total of 5 kg this is even with 4+ days of refeeding on highs carbs and fat . I've never dropped so much weight so quickly in all my life . That can't be normal that's 11lbs fat loss because Whatever water was removed was replaced by refeeding or should be now

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  2. It is possible but highly unlikely. Are you sure you didn't miscalculate your weight?

3. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

No . My weight was 95-97kg for over a year and half

4. To lose 5 kg in less than I week you would have to be on a huge caloric deficit , Which would mean a lot of working out with very little food. Which seems inconsistent with what you said. And also this would be very unhealthy to do and you wouldn't feel very good doing it .

So it is inconsistent with what you described

5. I did it once, when I was bedridden with COVID and reduced to eating small cups of chicken soup!

6. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

Not entire sure what you mean Consistent with what exactly ?

Wether it's healthy or not the weight was lost , the body is quite capable of losing weight efficienctly and not dieing while still has excess fat storage

I also I said I refed for 5 days which is eating above maintenance .

This is exactly the point I was making

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  7. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I lose 5kgs in a week every time I go back on keto. For me though, it’s water weight.

8. Well if you ate above maintenance and still lost 5 kg in one week ,that makes what you said make no sense. Either it is weight lost through water , or you miscalculated .

9. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

Re read what I said maintenance has changed because of the spike in metabolism. That stays spiked for days after training . So maintenance has now changed . You require more calories because you blare burning more so maintenance has now changed requiring more calories , you also need more calories to repair from training . So . Again . If your eating at maintenance you are going to.be in a calorie deficit because you require more calories than what would usually maintain your weight ..Jesus this is basic stuff

Yes it's obviously not all fat but a good amount of fat was lost and water . Still sitting at 92.kg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  10. It seems you lack understanding the meaning of the word maintenance but you do you man?

11. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

Maintenance changes dude how many times do I have to explain lol

12. As a personal trainer, if you are losing weight due to water loss, because of restarting a fitness program, this is normal. Especially if you are drinking 32 oz/day or more, it's normal.

The water loss is going to stop, then you can lose actual body fat.

freedom is coming likes this.
  13. freedom is coming

freedom is coming Fapstronaut

On my own weight loss journey i lost a fair whack the first week. It slowed down some. Turns out it was water weight. Keep the journey up though, and don't get discouraged of your progress appears to slow. Take the long game.

14. It's not normal, but if you went from doing nothing and eating poorly, to suddenly working out and doing other exercising and watching the calories in, it is possible. I would not expect it to keep happening, I would expect a little to no weight loss in the next week, and then try to level it off so you lose 1-2 lbs per week if your goal is weight loss.