1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to just become somehow asexual?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Nov 27, 2021.

1. It isn't possible to eliminate one's sexuality, but it is possible to change one's habits of mind such that sexuality is no longer uppermost in the thoughts. If you don't like thinking about it--don't. As soon as the unwelcome thought enters the mind, reject it, and deliberately set your mind on something else. The mind cannot be an empty vacuum--it must have something to chew on at all times; so make sure you have something better to think about.

The mind's habits can be adjusted in time. It does take some time, so don't give up and think it's impossible if, after a month or two, you still have sexual thoughts trying to crowd their way into your attentions. Remember that you have fed your habit for a considerable length of time, and it has grown. It will also take time to shrink. But it will shrink, if not fed, until you begin to feel more free of it again. You will never be so free that you need not guard your thoughts any longer; but you will reach a point where controlling your thoughts is not so difficult.

Any "fuel" to the habit, however, will hinder your progress. This includes, naturally, P, M, or O. It includes sexual fantasies or thoughts about someone you see or know. It includes even those fleeting images which will accost you during the day, uninvited and unwelcome though they may be.

I once got angry against a young lady whom I chanced to see a few feet ahead of me swing onto a motorcycle behind its rider. She was wearing a very short skirt, and apparently nothing under it. For my part, I had been but innocently walking down the sidewalk in the light of the streetlights in the early evening for some exercise and time to think, not having seen my wife for months, nor having had an O for months. I was NOT wishing to have my thoughts taken in that direction, and had to spend the next few minutes trying to purge the images from my mind.

But I have succeeded, in spite of the ever-present distractions, in maintaining a more noble focus, and I know that, in time, the natural urges do change. For me, I think it began to get easier after about three or four months. Insomnia was an issue for me for a considerable length of time, and I found a number of dietary sensitivities of which I needed to be careful in order to maintain my focus. As you perseveringly and sincerely work at it, you will learn what works and what doesn't.

I encourage you to try. I believe you can do it if you put your whole mind to it and have God's help, as I did.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  2. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

Yes... one day its a chick u described. Anotger day u hear a girl orgasming in sauna few meters away from u. Can get TOUGH. But nothing easy is worth it so..

3. This is actually what I'm trying to achieve.

In hindsight, my life was a lot happier before I hit puberty. Attraction from the opposite sex when you grow up is a huge distraction. I want to be able to focus on what I really want in life.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.