1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

JESUS LOVES THE WRETCHED SINNER

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

In the Bible Jesus often blasted the religious, the church elitist, and the people who taught about God but who did not love Him. Then He often sought out the worst of sinners. Why?

My guess is because His standards were a bit too high and hard for the religious. But, when the lowest of sinners repents they have a different view of sin. They view it as evil, horrible, destructive, and a complete insult to their Savior. And despite it taking weeks, months, and sometimes even years to get the sin out. They, like David from the Bible, retain a massive passion for their Christ and a vile hatred for their sin.

Jesus is not lowering His standards to include the wretched sinner. He is simply looking for people who find His standards acceptable, good, and perfect. The elitists explain the Scriptures away. The repentant sinner fights with all his might to obey and follow. The elitists are confident in their position. The wretched sinner knows that he is wrong and that the Bible and prayer are his only hope.

In the Matthew 25 parable of the lamps, 5 made it, and for the other 5, the door was shut to them because they ran out of oil.

Jesus insists that His followers are always being filled with His Holy Spirit's oil so that they can burn brightly and be a shining light for all to see. The wretched sinner sees this process as a great commission. A change worthy of his time and great effort.

Pray: “Father, I find Your standard's good and perfect. Help me to have a passion for Your ways.”

Pray: “Father, help me to turn aggressively from sin, and help me to be a shining light.”

segaclt and Tao Jones like this.