Journey to 90

A community dedicated to nutrition, fitness, and overall health on a reboot.

1. Kvothe The Bloodless

Kvothe The Bloodless Fapstronaut

To whoever may be reading this, this is my journal which I plan to put to good use during every step of the 90 day reboot process.

My Story - 6 years on and off, unable to get further than 30 days. I'm at a point in my life now where I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel, every relapse and mistake has gotten me to this point where I know the dangers, the pitfalls, the triggers...and I also know there's not a damn thing I can do to suppress or ignore them. Facing them head on and challenging them is my secret to victory. And yes, this will be my victory.

I got into the gym at around 15, I'm 31 now. I focused mainly on bodybuilding but now for the last few years I've enjoyed mixing bodybuilding and powerlifting. I think the buzz word is Powerbuilding, but each to their own. The gym gave me confidence and an outlet for me to take my frustrations out on the iron.

I won't say rebooting and going to the gym daily helps in terms of lessening triggers, in fact, quite the opposite. Lifting heavy drives my libido through the roof, and then you have the half naked women in close proximity. Some are legit lifters, others are there to get the best angle for her Instagram booty pic. Having said that, I do feel going to the gym increases the speed of a reboot and those "normal" feelings once more.

I'm not sure yet whether I will post daily or weekly. Sometimes the days can feel the same for the first few weeks, with little if any change. Anyway feel free to drop me a DM on training or life in general, any struggles you faced in the gym?

D.

Ketherlonk and jw2021 like this.
  2. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Welcome to the group! I look forward to following along and seeing your progress.

3. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

Welcome, and I look forward to following your updates!

Kvothe The Bloodless and jw2021 like this.
  4. Kvothe The Bloodless

Day 3 - First day having urges.

Very manageable and environment based (it's summer here so a lot of obvious visual triggers). Faced the urges and felt the discomfort of them, and they passed. Let's stay alert for more of those in during the week.

Feeling very average overall, no feelings at all really. More going through the motions and feel like a zombie. All normal parts of the early reboot days.

5. Kvothe The Bloodless

Wow - I haven't cried in 6 years, and here I am wrapping up Day 3 crying for no reason. I wonder how long PMO was dulling that emotion?! Powerful stuff.

6. Kvothe - My journey is similar to yours. I'm 29, and the longest I've last was 30 days in freshman year of college. I just started my nofap, and just a week seems pretty long. I'm taking it day by day with meditation morning, afternoon, and night. I assume lifting weights and running/biking will work (I already do these things). I'm also thinking keeping my shoes handy at all times and going for a walk immediately when I get the urge to PMO will help.