1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's finally beat this addiction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Wonx, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Wonx

Wonx Fapstronaut

Hi Nofappers

My name is Simon, I'm 27 years old and i'm from Austria.

I first saw P with age 12 (maybe earlier, i'm not sure) and PMO'd daily from age ~14 on. That went on for over 10 years. I realized that I had a problem about a year and a half ago, that's when I discovered nofap. I had some solid streaks the first year and thought I had my addiciton beat, but oh boy was I wrong. The last couple of months were stressful, tiring and lonely. My addiction, still lurking somewhere inside of me came back and struck with full force and i feel like I'm addicted more than ever before.

In order to finally commit again and to beat this addiction once and for all I want to join this awesome community. I like the positive vibes here, the encouragement and feeling of brotherhood you guys give. Together we can do this!

I'm currently looking for an accountability partner that has a similar addiciton history than me. Check out my thread if you are interested: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/27yr-old-male-looking-for-an-ap.292214/

Best regards,
    Simon

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Tafi, MexFighter and Jefe Rojo like this.
  2. Crazy01

Crazy01 Fapstronaut

Same after making very big streaks I again come to PMO FOR A YEAR AND NOW I STRUGHLING MORE THAN EVER while a year before it was very easy to make a streak of 20 days for me...

3. Welcome! Even though you have slipped a bit in your recovery you have recognized the causes and you are trying to do something about it. Stress, tiredness and loneliness are all triggers that must be dealt with in a healthier way in order to not push the easy button that is PMO. I wish you the best as you start your journey here on NoFap. There are a lot of good people here who have learned a lot and can teach you how to recover effectively. Take care!

MexFighter and Wonx like this.
  4. MexFighter

MexFighter Fapstronaut

Welcome, thanks for sharing your story!
    We all together on this! Keep on, keep strong!
    :)

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  5. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

Hi @Wonx92,

Great to have you on the forums.
    I Echo your sentiments about the brotherly environment.

I've found this forum to be very friendly and supporting, along with joining a face to face fellowship like SA or SAA.

As long as we all continue to take personal responsibility for our recovery, we will get to where we are aiming for.

This group can provide the accountability we need as well, I find the day counter to be helpful measure as it's clear to everyone else where we're all individually at with things.

So welcome, and glad you found us!