1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Listening to music during nofap

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by onix, Jan 16, 2022.

1. onix

onix Fapstronaut

What's your opinion on listening to music during nofap.

A lot of people say don't do it as its all about sex.

The thing is most music that is about sex is chart music to which I don't listen too.
    I'm more into indie music. Some can be about sex but but mostly there not.

I do think music can effect the brain but it depends on the song/artist.

It's like comparing Cardi B to Andrea Bocelli

2. i have many songs that i listen to. That along with books and movies are a good way to open your mind to the world.

No music is part of Monk Mode along with cold showers.

ganim3d3s likes this.
  3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I prefer to restrict music to "active" listening, without too many distractions, either doing nothing and focusing on the music or something simple like washing up, housework or driving in my car. I try to avoid background music, when i am reading or writing or talking with friends, or even falling asleep.

If you play an instrument then i recommend making music rather than listening to it as much as possible. Hone your skills and improve yourself, while fulfilling your desire for music as well.

ganim3d3s likes this.
  4. ganim3d3s

ganim3d3s Fapstronaut

I playing the guitar more and more in this streak, i want to compose something, but i couldnt for now.

Adding to what yo suggest, if you like music and you dont play any instrument, the rebooting journey is the perfect moment to start