1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a mentor

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by PrinceDaniel, May 22, 2021.

1. PrinceDaniel

PrinceDaniel Fapstronaut

Hello,

My name is Daniël, a 24-year old man from the Netherlands. I’m fighting PMO for over three years now. In particular, I am fighting a deep-rooted femdom fetish. I’ve had some ups and I had some downs. If you want to know more about this, please visit this link: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/femdom-addiction.291454/#post-2757046

But, that’s not what I am here for. I’ve a great accountability partner, who helps me not to PMO. Also, I have a friend that I met on this website that helps me with Christianity and defeating my fetishes. However, I am desperately looking for a mentor, a role model, someone that can send me in to the right direction in life. Unfortunately, my dad never felt the need to be a strong father figure for me. So, I hope I’ll find my mentor here. If you want to help me, please send me a message or post down below.

2. It sounds like you are looking for a mentor in life and not just for recovering from PMO, that's a pretty tall order and I would think also has to be specific to you as a person. When communicating online I think we have a better chance to find a mentor in specific areas of life, and you can have more than one, and maybe put that together yourself by improving in various aspects of life that way. I think most of the time posts in this section are also about specific aspects of life like physical fitness, addressing self improvement as a complete subject is also a big topic..

My sense is for such a significant figure in ones life, one has to work on themselves enough to the point where they can recognize the greatness in another and then be proactive in seeking them out. You might have the experience of finding an author being very compelling, but of course they may be famous and busy though even there it may be worth reaching out if you can. Of course you don't necessarily need a world class person as a mentor, maybe someone who reads the same person(s) and are on the same page.

Is there anyone whose work you really like? Maybe if you put that in this thread it would help your potential mentor identify you as someone on the same page as them.

88991s likes this.
  3. PrinceDaniel

PrinceDaniel Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply.

I've made a list of (Famous) people that I admire and that inspire me:
    - Jocko Willink
    - Joe Rogan
    - Cameron Hanes
    - Jordan Peterson
    - Nick Bare
    - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

AlphaGod and OrganizeInformed like this.
  4. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

That's the most disturbing fetish I've seen. I don't even think it's sexual is a type of psychotic or delusional disease and childish sexuality.

It's hard to fight it. Good luck

5. PrinceDaniel

PrinceDaniel Fapstronaut

Thanks!

6. I like this alot. It keeps the emphasis on self improvement from within' and then the mentor appears when your ready.

7. skullfull7

skullfull7 Fapstronaut

You need no mentor, you need self awareness, having a good life, is not about achieving is about doing what you like to do, whatever that is, your mentor will not tell you that, you gotta figure it yourself and what works for your mentor could harm you.

You need to learn to respect yourself and realize you are you own self, you are the star in your movie not your mentor or a you talk to online, what works for you mentor will not work for you each of us walk our own paths, so don't for things you will never find don't live you life that way, make you own movie.

Start by being better yesterday and work on your weaknesses, you posted this on self development, self development is about improving every aspect in your life, so target each problem you have in your life and develop a plan to fix it, one step at a time, when days go by.. Months you will fi d your self having the traits of that role model you want to be.

- Jocko Willink
    - Joe Rogan
    - Cameron Hanes
    - Jordan Peterson
    - Nick Bare
    - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

All these people are good man, but they are not important than yourself, you might not think that, but your life is worth more than them, is it for you, so start putting time and focus and you rather than others, Zkatan used to rob houses and cars when young, he took his choices and it got him to whee he is at, you don't rob peoples houses I presume, and you don't play football professionally and you don't have Zlatans taste and need and goals in life, no one does, because there's but one Zlatan, and there's just you in this world too, your need and taste are you own, you might like to paint and your mentor like to box, I hope i shed some light on this very important subject that is very important to lead a happy life, introspection is a good habit to have, I would also suggest to start meditation I hope you look into it :)

pancakebaker99 and DanielHanes like this.
  8. PrinceDaniel

PrinceDaniel Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. I think it is very valuable advice you just gave me. ‘Be the hero in my own movie’.

I already meditate, do breathwork, and pray every day. It is really benefitting my daily life.

skullfull7 likes this.
  9. skullfull7

skullfull7 Fapstronaut

Then I don't think you need a mentor, you just need to pick a direction maybe in your life, talent or career or passion.

My only mentor in my life is men last Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him, he has good morals and is everything a man should aspire to be, what's more important is that he just a man flesh and bones and eat what I eat, but I share the same beliefs with him and everything in life in a test for the after life, we are in a a long college exam starting from when we are born to when die :)

pancakebaker99 likes this.
  10. In life there are two general directions: to follow PASSION or to follow GOD/ THE SUPREME/ THE ABSOLUTE (become a disciple)

Decide if you want to be a normal man having a succesfull business/ meaningful job with a couple of fun hobbies and friends while leaving a legacy OR if you want to become a disciple of God.

Read the following books in the exact order based on your choice (or read them all and choose then), STUDY them and then make a strategic life plan. Then APPLY all that knowledge to accomplish your plan. Be your own Guide. You only need a mentor if you decide to start a business as that can save you lots and lots of errors;

Normal guy;
    1. KING
    2. The Laws of Success
    3. Efficiency
    4. Getting things done

Disciple;
    1. Sermon on the mount
    2. The bhagavad-gita
    3. The voice of the silence

You follow Jesus or God? Read AT LEAST the Sermon on the Mount, this esoteric peace of art contains all you need to walk the spiritual path. Read the two other books if you want a deeper understanding of the sermon. They show a more direct path towards discipleship.

Use the following source to make your plan: "The ABC's of Strategic Life Planning".

Additionally consult red pill resources such as rooshv forum to understand the truth about the dynamics between men and women. Understand that women are an ADDITION TO LIFE AND NOT ITS MAIN PURPOSE. Do not make your life about Nofap and women. Find your purpose.

PM if you need to.

DanielHanes likes this.
  11. cresyhorse

cresyhorse Fapstronaut

yo bro,

i used to have a femdom fetish, it's curable, head up and start fighting.

DanielHanes likes this.
  12. PrinceDaniel

PrinceDaniel Fapstronaut

⚔️✟

cresyhorse likes this.
  13. Vedic Samurai

Vedic Samurai New Fapstronaut

You know the reasons why you started NoFap in the first place and I am sure that you have been doing good. It won't make sense to give up your discipline for such fetishes.
    I have been going through some strong fetishes for more than a decade and it is extremely addictive. Sometimes, I spent more than 12 hours on it. Finally, I overcame it. Please DM me if you feel my experience will be worth knowing.

14. cresyhorse

cresyhorse Fapstronaut

write it here, for the sake of all the people looking for the exit of this terrible plague