Massive depression

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by margun, Aug 2, 2018.

1. margun

margun Fapstronaut

Im a 19 year old male from Norway struggling with depression. Have been feeling this way for a long time, but it has gotten worse lately. I have a girlfriend from brazil and dealing with a long distance relationship is very hard. She is coming to stay with me for 3 months in september, but i have a military service coming up in january. That means that we cant be together in a year. Im so scared of losing her and it makes me so sad. The depression has never been worse. Would be very happy to talk to someone about this and my depression in whole.

2. Dealing with long distance relationships is very tough I got into that when I close to your age and it didn't work out. I have been down and out more times than I have fingers it will pass being depressed doesn't make you a bad person it actually shows your a very caring person give it time as far as your military experience coming up you never know what possiblitys may come of that . you will get threw this

3. ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved

ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved Fapstronaut

I'm 19 too and I can only imagine what that is like. Perhaps this sounds trite, but applying it to life is quite helpful: Focus on today, everyday. That's not to say you shouldn't plan ahead, but if you focus on the 3 whole months you get to spend with your girlfriend, you will get to know each other much better.

In the summer, I miss my friends from school a lot, and sometimes get depressed. I find that getting off my butt and doing cool things, whether it be hobbies or whatever, helps me to find joy by myself. Being able to be alone and be happy is a great feeling that you can learn to have.

4. margun

margun Fapstronaut

Yeah, i Know mate. Its Just that she is not sure if she can make it one year without me. She wants us to get married now and so do i. But my military service has made this unimpossible at the moment. Im do fucking scared of losing her and being without her for a whole year. It Just tears me apart