1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation apps

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by onix, Oct 24, 2021.

1. onix

onix Fapstronaut

What meditation apps do you use?

I don't like calm or headspace they seem a bit corporate too me.

I just want a simple meditation app I can use.

2. Esqualo

Esqualo Fapstronaut

Hola te recomiendo insight time ... Tengo años usándola y es excelente.... Saludos

3. script

script Fapstronaut

The waking up app is the most sophisticated one out there. It has content en masse. There's daily updated meditations with 10 & 20min. versions. Then there's the introductory course (30 sessions), there are other meditation-styles available as courses and there's a lot of theory on it as well. The only downside is it's price, but if you can't afford it, you can get a free copy by emailing the guys at waking up.

WildEntheology and onix like this.
  4. Infidel.48

Infidel.48 Distinguished Fapstronaut

Atom app is the only one I have tried, it made me meditate for a few weeks

WildEntheology and onix like this.
  5. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

Just +1'ing the waking up recommendation. I've used headspace, calm, guided meditations on youtube, etc and this app is by far the most solid for me, especially if you're interested in the theory and philosophy of meditation as well. I've been getting more into silent meditations(technically its mostly pranayama, or breathing exercises but they're still pretty similar to meditation) and it's a bit more convenient cause I don't need anything except my mind. But i always tell people the best meditation is the one you're actually willing to do so if you prefer an app, apps are great. Never tried it myself but a free app I hear/see people recommend all the time, even one of my therapists, is insight timer. Medito is also a free app I've used before that is pretty okay, and a lot of the meditations on there have multiple speakers so you can pick your preference.

<script> likes this.