1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation Helps with NoFap and Urges

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Samuel L. Fapsin, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Samuel L. Fapsin

Samuel L. Fapsin Fapstronaut

Before this for many nights I got desires for a erotic lucid dream but never a strong urge to masturbate. But last night it hit me the hardest. It just kept coming at me and my mind just kept flooding with different videos I've masturbate to. My mind kept nagging me that NoFap isn't working, nothing is changing, just one more time, see how you feel after, and so on. This battle with my thoughts went on for almost 3 hours while laying in bed. I came close, I picked a few tissue papers and laid them on the night stand. I was ready to relapse and then... my phone died. Wow that gave me at least 5 minutes to reflect, I used some meditative breathing techniques to move focus away from following those thoughts and focusing entirely on my breath. I snapped out of it, I threw the tissue papers away and placed my phone downstairs where it's far from my reach.

I think meditation will really help me in my journey as in the past I had a tough time suppressing urges, quickly giving in and relapsing. With meditation I've begun to learn how to ignore thoughts, not to follow them and let them pass. Yesterday was tough but I hope with more meditation practicing I can be in better control.

I liked this imagining I heard about meditation and the passing of thoughts that it is like sitting on the side of the road just watching the cars (your thoughts) pass. If you were to run on the road and follow one of the cars (your thought) you'd cause a mess (collisions) which just adds to the restlessness of the mind. Sometimes you'll forget but with practice you'll be back at the side of the road again watching the traffic go by with calmness and ease.

noonoon, Sakhi and AM141 like this.
  2. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

3. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

It has helped me tremendously.