1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation - recommended places to start?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TetsuoAkira, May 1, 2017.

1. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

I live inside my own head often and hope to calm my anxiety, so want to begin meditation. I wonder if anybody can recommend videos, websites to begin my journey of meditation.

Anything that Fapstronauts have used themselves, as there is a plethora of information out there it's so cumbersome to sift through the right ones

2. Hello. Click the second link in my signature for a guide on basic mindfulness meditation, it's a free eBook. You can also go to the author's Youtube channel, he has some good videos out there. This is the technique I personally use and it has worked wonders for me.

3. Hey man, today I watched a video of Sam Harris, he wrote a book on meditation. I watched this guy for quite some time, but that one video gave me kind of a new perspective on things, I'll leave you a link:

And another one with just a guided meditation:

I today tried to look at myself from the outside, I wrote a bit about it on my log:

"I am a complex reaction to my environment. Every atomic repulsion, every electron traveling my brain, every handshake or thought is a physical consequence of the past. That is the current planck-time unit (the shortest time interval possible) minus 1. If I am a reaction, could there be someone watching this reaction? What if I imagine myself watching myself, maybe from the front, the back or above, what would I see? What could I analyze? I'm part of a whole universe, a small space of information, a memory of information that lasts maybe 80 years, but I can carry on that information before I die, but more influencial, I react each planck-time unit with everything that is surrounding me, with everything that is reacting to me, I don't know what it is and what the consequences may be, but I'm part of something bigger than I could ever imagine. I start looking at myself from the outside, not being inside of my head. The experience is what I'm working on, it is what I'm trying to get from this. I feel relaxed when doing so, unimportant but very present and aware of not only myself, but the whole scenario I'm in.

I'll try to be in this state every day, it's almost like meditating and makes me feel in control, even if I know I'm not."

Hope this was kind of useful and maybe a bit outside of the box, keep it going man! Congratulations on your 12 Days!