1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MORMONS AND JW'S

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

This week I received solicitations from both the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses (Both of these churches have huge issues). I received nothing from people who follow only the Bible and Jesus Christ.

Doing nothing keeps us in addiction. Instead, consider what the Bible says: 15 Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Now you may say: I need to fix my addiction first. But the Mormons and JW's have suspect religions and they spread the Gospel all the time. Ours is real... with power. We need to have just as much urgency as they do.

It is time to attack sin so that the Holy Spirit can fill us so that we can do something. We must “Know” the verses that we can quote to defeat our sin. We must read our Bible first thing every day so that we are empowered to change.

All it takes for satan to win is if we do nothing. Instead, pray about purpose, and pray about being on fire. Most importantly, pray about caring about souls (ten times daily).

Key point: 50% of quitting addiction is planning and knowing what you are going to do.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    The Evangelist likes this.
  2. Of course, if our focus becomes too much about what we are going to do, we may miss all that God is already doing. We want to be sure that we are first seeing what he is up to, and then joining him in that work, out of the overflow of abundance we have in our hearts full with his love. From that perspective, we can then venture out into considering what work God might have for us. If we venture out into this in our own strength, we will become either proud or exhausted and up no good to anyone and worse off than we were before. It is just these sort of high-pressure, works-only tactics that JWs and Mormons commonly employ with their own young ambassadors. We do indeed have a better way!

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

If I don't do exactly what I said in my article, I will fall, and keep falling. To each his own I guess.

Tao Jones likes this.
  4. May each of us listen closely to the Spirit and follow where he leads, promptly and with vigor! He may have us on slightly different paths, but we all share in this same Spirit. :)

timcia likes this.