1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Routine

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by onix, Feb 13, 2020.

1. onix

onix Fapstronaut

I asked a week or so ago about how to deal with my morning boredom before leaving for work. I had too much time between my gym and the time I had before I leave my house so to kill time I ended up PMOing. But lately in the mornings, after gym and before work and even my days off I have been listening to indie folk on youtube, and tell you what it does help.

It's soothe and relaxing. I'm not saying it will work for everybody (most likely it's not your style of music) but I do recommend it.

These are the channels I have been using.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPRvJpnEZFonePU9fJGcLLQ

https://www.youtube.com/user/alexrainbird/videos

Good sailing.

2. Meditation is a great way to bridge the gap between the gym and work Brethren!!!!!!!!!!

3. My name is PumpkinDeltoids. I'm 16 years old. I believe in taking care of myself with a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply a herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

fredisthebes likes this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

When I plan my daily routines nowadays I always make sure to plan some time to do something relaxing that I enjoy. It's easy to get overenthusiastic trying to push myself, but a little bit of kindness can make it so much easier to stick with and give you a reward to look forward to.

Between gym and work? I would recommend a nice inspiring book that you can really get into and look forward to each day. There is a great list here if you are looking for inspiration (fiction and non-fiction): https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/100-books-every-man-read/

5. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

30 minutes of reading everyday can also be great!

6. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

To me it is essential that before I start my daily grind at work, which for me is usually before 8 a.m., I have attended to my mind, body, and spirit. To me that means some form of exercise, reading (most often the Bible but always something uplifting/motivational), and prayer. If I skip any of those three I find the rest of my day doesn't go as well and I'm more prone to end the day caving in to my coping mechanisms (alcohol or PMO, sometimes both) if it doesn't go well or especially if I get blindsided by an unexpected stressor.

I studiously AVOID at all costs, and even more so these days, all news programming, talk radio, and social media (not counting NoFap ) which are guaranteed to have me anxious and/or antagonistic before I even get out the door. Hope this helps.

fredisthebes likes this.
  7. Finalito

Finalito Fapstronaut

Da fuck did I just read??!?!?