Mostly P not M

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. tjthecreator1

tjthecreator1 Fapstronaut

Before i started no pmo i felt like i had to m to it but it was really just me struggleing with p. Now whenever I see a pretty girl i cant get hard because of the messed up stuff ive seen.

Update: I know its not good but i finally got hard by something normal, next step stop sexualizing stuff

2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

It is good that you recognize how you have allowed your mind to be corrupted by vulgar, ugly visions and thoughts. Truly, it is wonderful to find freedom from such ideas and the way they corrupt our view of simple beauty as God intended it to be. Stay mindful of how this addiction has harmed you and your mind and stay the course towards healing. May God bless you today and may He give you the grace to continue on a path to know Him, to trust Him and to love Him.

3. The purpose of sexual desire in our teen years is, I believe, to teach us self-control. Master this stuff now or it will rule you all your life. There is no useful outlet for sexual urges until marriage. Use the time between now and then to learn how to put sexual desire to sleep.

Song of Solomon 8:4 - Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right.

4. freedom is coming

freedom is coming Fapstronaut

Good to have you here, TJ! Welcome!

Why do you say it's not good? God made us with sexual attraction and desires. Unfortunately we are broken and use that for evil. We won't ever get rid of sexual attraction per say. But we can get rid of our evil lustful desires.

I agree we need to stop sexualising things. What things do you struggle with? For me, I'm now working on oogling. If i see someone attractive I aim to look away under 2 seconds, and personalise the person. Yesterday I was standing behind someone in a queue, felt a desire, but then I actually listened to the stress in her voice and told myself that she was a busy lady with 4 kids, with far too much to do this christmas time. So I began empathising with her, rather than just joking about her anger or sexualising her...

5. I'll give you some old man wisdom to help you out there tjthecreator. I had a guy who has passed away now that was in my church. he was in his early 90s, considered himself old yet faithfully got into the word every day. This all happened when I was between 1-5, so I don't remember much of what he was like personally. Anyways, a story came about that has been passed on to generations to all the guys in our church, that one day as the topic came up about purity in the adult Sunday school class, some were sharing the struggles and battles, and out of nowhere this old man, his name was George, raised his hand and said: " I know I'm old, but I still struggle with this, every week." Dead silence, yet so humbling. Here was a 90-year-old (widowed) man who constantly came to church, consistently studied the Bible, consistently preached the word of God to the young kids in the church, and... consistently had struggles?!
    This is an encouragement to me when I hear that I'll never quit having urges or temptations, and the grim reality that getting married doesn't fix your issues in this area. Hope this is an encouragement to you as well.

6. tjthecreator1

Thank you!!

7. tjthecreator1

thank you!

8. tjthecreator1

thanks so much

9. tjthecreator1

Thanks for the wisdom!

10. tjthecreator1

I just wanna thank you all for sharing so much good wisdom

value, CPilot and Tao Jones like this.
  11. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I think this story is encouraging in its honesty and humility. Thank you for sharing it. I am a long way from my 90s but here in my early 60s, I attest that the temptations are still presented to me, daily, sometimes may times per day. However, since finding a path to freedom, I would also like others to know that the struggle is not as difficult as it was in the early days of my rehabilitation. Certainly, some temptations are more attractive than others but none of them hold the power over me that I once felt. Thanks to God's grace, these things no longer control me.

value and Tao Jones like this.